If you check out my response to the Secret Swap last week, I would have been a lot more positive in saying I Will Never Change My Mind for today’s Tuesday Topics.
Ten Years Ago, I would’ve said:
- I’m NEVER having kids.
- I will always put my career first.
- I will always be there for my family, at least financially.
- I would never consider being a stay-at-home mom.
- I would never move to the south.
- I will never be fat.
- I would never consider homeschooling my children – teachers do a great job!
- I would never blog about my life online (well, this isn’t quite 10 years old).
- I will live so I can pay off my student loan bills ASAP!
Now that I’m a stay at home wife with kids, whose husband’s family lives in the south – my life is just different than I could ever imagine. Although all of those decisions were within my control, I didn’t realize how quickly life can change and when you blink, all the things you thought you never wanted is what you stay awake dreaming of.
I can’t say that there’s anything that won’t change in my future… will I move to the midwest to live on a farm? Who knows, but I’m excited to find out about my future!
Will I have more children (not through birth, but adoption, guardianship, foster care)?
Will I become a workaholic? Will I find that job that I love so much that everything about me is work, and I love every minute, and so does my family?
Will I change my parenting style? Will things that I completely disagree with today, I completely love tomorrow?
Will I relax on my parenting style and just let my children “be”?
Will I become a true homemaker, where my husband comes home every day to a spotless house and dinner literally on the table? (Maybe, but I would assume the kids aren’t living at home anymore)
Who’s to say? Life is about change, and the changes I’ve made, I love, so why not just let myself be?
Oh wait! I just thought of some…
- My belief in God
- Men and women are different and they should be treated as such, that does not imply one is “better than” others, just different.
- I will stay a fiscal conservative. It is not the government’s job to make sure that we all have the same “stuff”.
- I will always love my husband, even if one day we aren’t together (cross my fingers this is never the case).
- I will always love my children.
- My husband will always be the head of my household. That is where God placed him and it is my responsibility to be his help meet.
- I will be the best support system for my children that I know how to be… even if I mess up sometimes.
- My husband and children will be my utmost priority in my life.
Do you have 10 things that you won’t change your mind on?
Welcome to the Cash or Credit Giveaway