Tag: ask away friday
May 8, 2015
1. Do you have any big things planned for the summer?I don’t have any definitive plans, but I really want us to spread it out. I don’t really want to have one big weekend and then too broke to do anything else. I want to explore my new state and I found out about a bunch of things that are fairly local, like Lion Country Safari, sea turtle hatching, and the local water park.
2. What was your favorite summer time activity when you were a kid?Hands down swimming. I remember spending at least four hours a day in the pool. I spent all summer at the Boys and Girls Club Hollywood that had free swim twice a day for two hours. Four hours was not enough, so I joined the junior lifeguards for another hour in the water.
3. What are your kids’ favorite things to do in the summer?I’ve passed on the passion for swimming to my kids so they also love to get in the water too.
4. Do you have a favorite summer dessert or beverage?I have never thought much about what dessert or beverages I eat during the summer, but I’ll definitely think about this year.
5. What song reminds you of summer?It’s in the title!
1. What is something that you don’t like about summer?The HEAT! I can’t stand the heat! Now that I’m in Florida, I can’t stand the humidity either.
2. What is your favorite summer movie?Do people have these? I don’t even know. I love that blockbusters come out during the summer and it’s a great reason to be INDOORS!
3. What is your go to summer outfit?
I’m not much of a dress gal, but now that it’s hot and humid here, the summer dresses seem very appealing. Typically, my attired doesn’t change much. That’s probably because I haven’t lived in places that have major temperature swings.
4. What is your favorite summer fruit?
It’s a tie between strawberries and watermelon. I find it’s easier to find a great watermelon than it is to find great strawberries.
5. What would be your dream summer vacation?A cruise along the Mediterranean sounds awesome!
1. What was your best summer ever?Oh, I’m pretty sure it’s a tie between when I went to the France and the summer I went to the Bahamas. France was great but I was also a teenager on a very tight budget. Bahamas was more of a kick back relaxed vacation.
2. Would you rather go to the pool or the beach during the summer?
Pool by far! The sand gets everywhere, in the car, in your cracks, it’s so icky. I do, however, love to be in the water with the waves. If I could do it without the sand, I’d be in.
April 17, 2015
At the end of my world, I want to know I did something, affected someone, completed something. The days I hate most are the ones that I feel like nothing got done, including spending time with my children.
I have days like that. Days where I do “stuff” all day long, but by the time I lay my head, I can’t really remember what that “stuff” was.
Thankfully, that wasn’t this week. Lots of kid time, cleaning time, friend time and wife time.
My cousin came into town and we had a blast. Mini shots of Jack Daniel’s, the gym and a beautiful walk along the beach. I was able to fully enjoy her company, with the children during the day, without at night. Although in regards to working out, I’m glad she left. I realize that I’m not in the place to enjoy a “regular” gym, and have been really enjoying my time at CrossFit over the last month.
April 3, 2015
This week has been one of the busiest and shortest weeks I’ve had in a long time. I wanted to work on my third podcast, but with my partner going out of town, I couldn’t swing meeting on another day. So, you won’t hear anything this week. But if you missed last week, I would LOVE if you’d listen to last week’s episode and tell me what you think.
And yes, if you’ve been here, you’ve heard a few times now, but I’m extremely passionate about getting this going.
March 27, 2015
I thought I would have a partner this week, but alas, I do not. So… I asked myself the questions. This will be a little different from my last mix-ups. Here we go!
March 19, 2015
Happy Friday everyone. My son has been home for Spring Break and instead of partying it up, we’ve had a pretty stilted vacation because he’s grounded. Fun for me, right?
Thankfully, I get to “Ask Away Friday” with a newbie, Kevin of Who Woulda Thought? Since he’s new and some of you may not know me, we did some “get to know you” questions. I want to make sure you head over there and check out his 50 Shades of Grey review. Pretty funny!
Some of the links are affiliates. I may or may not receive a commission from your purchase.
It will not cost you any more.
February 5, 2015
I’m doing another swap with a new friend, Bernadyn of B is 4 today. Her site is bursting with creativity, sharing her crafts, recipes and other DIY projects. She will be joining me today in “Ask Away Friday.”
January 17, 2015
Happy Saturday everyone! I’ve been busy “Being Uncomfortable” and haven’t been able to finish this post! I hope to tell you all about it this week! Since I’m already late to this party, let’s just get started!
January 2, 2015
My New Year’s was eventful… but I can’t say in a good way. My husband’s godmother was in the hospital and my children were already at my in-laws. When he left, I felt lonely and depressed having no children. Also, I hadn’t eaten much for the day so ended up feeling very sick by the end of the night. At the last minute, I decided to go to church, so I was around my children at the beginning of the new year. It was worth it, even though I was exhausted and ready o go to sleep as soon as I walked in the door.
December 12, 2014
Silent night, Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin, mother and child
Holy infant, tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.
As mothers, don’t we always wish that we and our children would sleep in peace. I successfully weaned Butterfly during the night over Thanksgiving just so
I she could get some sleep! She still wakes up at night, but thankfully goes back to sleep within a few minutes.
I have embarked on doing acts of kindness specifically for this season. I try to be kind all year long, but during this season many are colder and people are reminded of what they don’t have by the sales and shopping frenzy that others go on. Try one or two of them this season and change someone’s day!
November 21, 2014
Illness struck my household this week, even knocking down my husband for a day. Now that I’m able to move without a little one in my arm (and catching up on chores), and I’m finally on to completing this post!
Since I wanted to participate in both this will be a COMBINED Finish the Sentence Friday and Ask Away Friday post! Read on…
November 6, 2014
October 23, 2014
My baby turned ONE this week and boy was I excited! What seems to be the case most often is I can’t decide what to do (except the basics) until the morning of or the night before. So I had to hustle to get it all done! I’ve taken lots of pictures but my in-laws had made collages already, so I think this shows the year in review just fine!
…on to #AskAwayFriday…