National Money Smart Week(R) Campaign to Offer Free Financial Education

Thousands of free financial education classes and seminars for consumers will be held throughout the U.S. during Money Smart Week, April 22-29.

Free Financial Education

Classes are open to people of all ages at businesses, financial institutions, schools, libraries, community organizations and government agencies throughout the country. They cover a wide variety of money-management topics including saving for college, buying a house, using credit wisely, managing student debt and financing retirement.

The educational events will be carried out by local and regional partnering organizations. In addition, there are several national partners, including the American LibraryAssociation, the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Financial Planning Association and the United States Department of Agriculture Cooperative Extension.

Money Smart Week

National Money Smart Week | AprilNoelle.com“Money Smart Week is an incredible opportunity for consumers to access free advice on all areas of personal finance,” said Heather Greenwell, Outreach Program Lead, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, which coordinates the campaign. “We hope individuals and families will take advantage of these educational offerings and ultimately improve or enhance their financial success.”

Money Smart Week is the broadest and most comprehensive financial education program in the country. Started in 2002 in Chicago with just 40 programs, it has expanded significantly to become the only national educational program for people at all stages of life.

According to exit surveys, most participants indicate they’re likely to change the way they manage their money after attending a Money Smart Week Class.
Consumers who are interested in finding out about classes in their area during Money Smart Week can visit www.moneysmartweek.org

17 comments on “National Money Smart Week(R) Campaign to Offer Free Financial Education”

Everyone can learn from this. We all need to be smart with our money/

2. This sounds like a really cool initiative. Personal financial planning and basic knowledge on how to navigate the world of finance is very lacking in most school curriculi. I think it’s great that initiatives like this are trying to help people better themselves in this arena.

3. Jacqui Odell says:

This is something I struggle with on a weekly base, but I am trying. It’s hard to be smart with money sometimes.

4. Jennifer says:

Money Smart Week is a great concept to educate people on being smart with their money. Lately, my husband and I have been discussing changing our budget to save more money. This would be great for us.

5. Really good one! I wish to know this long time ago, it is difficult sometimes specially when you are young to be smart with the money

6. Echo says:

Everyone should be financially educated! It is so important to so many aspects of your life.

7. Amber Myers says:

I think everyone needs financial education! So many people don’t know how to spend or save money wisely.

8. This is such an awesome opportunity for all of us to learn.

9. Colette S says:

They have definitely grown. I love that they have such programs and also for all age ranges.

10. I didn’t even know that something like Money Smart Week even existed. I am the type of person that can really benefit from getting extra financial guidance.

Education is one of the best things that we can give to our kids. Having it for free will really be helpful. It will take a while fro this to happen but we gotta start somewhere.

12. Never heard of this before it’s a fantastic idea. Saving for an education is so important after all!

13. angela milnes says:

This is the first time that I heard this and sounds a good idea. Glad you share this with us

14. Farrah Less says:

I think everyone needs a financial advisor it helps as to be more wiser in handling our finances. Esp. me my goal is to retire soon and still have enough money for my traveling an d everyday expenses.

15. We need this! I love the many options available.

16. Annemarie LeBlanc says:

I will have to check if they have classes in my area. Pretty soon, the last child will be done with college and it would be time to focus on retirement. We would need all the help and advice we need to be financially stable in our twilight years.

17. Alayna says:

I was literally just having a conversation about how we need to make financial literacy STANDARD in all high schools. So many of us suffer from our own lack of knowledge and it can take years to repair mistakes. Sounds like a great cause!