Wait! It’s a Weight Update!

Can you believe that we’re already done with January? I feel like yesterday was Christmas.

I recommitted, again for the 124,294,503th time to lose weight at the end of the last year.  It started well. Then Christmas came. My husband gets the week off and he’s not exactly known for his weight loss or healthy eating. He’s well within the “normal” weight range, whereas, I’m not.

I Ate, and Ate, and Ate!

And Christmas showed it! We ate, and ate, and drank, and ate some more! We topped it off with a great New Year’s Eve!

So, after some great progress in December, I fell off completely at the end of the year.

That said, I started a weight loss challenge in January, more so to keep me accountable. See, I am good with losing weight when I’m teamed up. I got my husband on board, and we’re in this together.

Wait! A Weight Update! | AprilNoelle.comI went back to my two shakes a day with OGX Fenix and three weeks in, I was seventeen pounds down! I’m so excited to finally be making some real progress with my weight.

My Birthday Present to Myself!

This year, for my birthday, we are getting portraits done… like official, very nice family portraits. No JCPenney for us! Well, not this time. JCPenney and WalMart are just fine. They work great!

But I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with Caitlyn Bom and her portrait studio. I’m even going to spend money on clothes on purpose and get me and my girlies matching outfits from a good friend, Aaronica at The Crunchy Mommy.

With that in mind, I need to get my body in the best shape I’ve been in a very long time. It really is a struggle since I spend most of my days sitting on my behind, writing, typing, grading and reading. I’ve been loving my desk bike to get something in and I started teaching my son how to play basketball, which brings back fond memories.

Soon to See Weight Update!

I promise to completely show my before and after pictures. My husband swears he sees a change. I don’t see it, yet.  But I really want to do a BIG reveal on my birthday!

So, was your new year’s resolution to lose weight? If so, let me know. I’ll be starting a new eight-week challenge soon. Let me know in the comments and I’ll email you using the email address you use. Don’t worry, no sales attached!

24 comments on “Wait! It’s a Weight Update!”

Congrats on booking a real portrait session! I approve. It’s nice to have something inspiring you to get back on track.

2. Yayy! I can’t wait to see your new family portraits. We are going to wait for you <3

3. Joely Smith says:

Haha this sounds like myself and my husband. He too has been off for almost a full week and OMG the JUNK FOOD !!
    Keep working on your own goals. I know it can be so difficult.

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!

5. Tina Gleisner says:

Ugh, I finally fly home this Friday … to start another diet so I understand what you’re going through. Good luck

6. Anne Yedlin says:

What a grand idea and a great way to get yourself motivated. I think the holidays took a toll on all of us 🙂 Keep up the great work…you got this! I would love to see what your challenge is all about! pop me an email!

7. That before and after picture of yours after losing weight was so exciting. I will wait for that update.

I think it’s always nice to have a workout partner, or a gym buddy because it’s more motivating. Good to know that your husband’s up for the challenge as well. I can’t wait to see the results!

9. Emma says:

Cant wait to see your photos – I’m sure the transformation will be great. All your hard work will pay off and you’ll look amazing in your photos!

10. Amber Myers says:

How awesome! I look forward to seeing the photos.

11. Keep working hard, you’ll be wherever you want to be in no time!

12. Claire says:

Ah awesome, keep it up! Family portraits is also a great idea and source of motivation! I also find it hard being sat for so many hours but I try to find exercise that is fun so it doesn’t feel like a chore!

13. Splurging a little is ok. I was 11 pounds from my weight loss goal and then met my hubby. Now I get to start all over again! HA! Can’t wait to see your photos.

14. This is great. I am losing weight as well. It’s hard but so worth it. Keep up the great work.

15. Great job in December. Don’t sweat the interruption of the holidays they snag all of us. I’m sure you’re get right back in the groove and drop a lot of weight.

16. MishyV says:

Yeah I started my weight loss journey a month ago and I’m doing great! Good luck to you too!

17. Stacey Stegg says:

My inspiration for getting back on track is the bikini I got from Wish that is 2 sizes too small. LOL

18. Lisa Rios says:

I am sure its feels so good when your weight loss idea works out finally. It would be so exciting to check out your before & after pictures to get some inspiration out of it.

19. I did not set a resolution to lose weight, but I probably should have. I am not within a healthy weight right now and I feel it physically.

20. Anosa says:

oh Congratulations on your weight loss journey! After all the holidays and eating sessions, we really need to get in shape.

21. Tasha says:

My resolution is to lose weight as well. I can’t believe how much weight I’ve gained. It’s time to get it off. Good luck on your journey!

22. Donna says:

Thanks for the update! You’re doing brilliantly and you look fab!! X

23. I’m happy on your weight loss progress, can’t wait to see the before and after photo.

24. Is good to do junk at times. It shouldn’t be out of line. Sometimes I wonder how I’ll look if I burn all fat, so instead, I top it up a little as I work out. trying https://www.boosttestosteronefast.com/ for testosterone booster is also splendid.