I’m Attending #Shiftcon 2018 and You Should Too!

I told you yesterday that I went to ShiftCon in December. As ShiftCon was my first conference, I didn’t know what to expect. I know there would be some networking, some speaking and some seminars. For the first time, I was representing me, no company, no organization, just me.

I will be going to the next conference in 2018 and let me tell you why.

What I loved about Shiftcon

1. Great Food.

OH, MY GOODNESS. We ate SO well. The sponsors were amazing and fed us well! Applegate had the best meats and I completely indulged.

2. I’m “Light Green”.

One of my hesitations to attending this conference is that I don’t consider myself “green”. I use organic occasionally and but I just do what works for my family, like fabric softener and all natural cleaners. Yet, I didn’t feel put of place. Better yet, I was told that I was “light green” and any movement towards a greener society is worth any and all of the effort.

3. Sponsors.

The greenest (and nicest) companies out there. The list is incredible. The representatives were relatable, open and ready and willing to connect. Check all of them out here. I made so many connections for collaborations and more. All of my favorite green companies are now a part of the April Noelle family!

4. The Community.

I met so many great people, including Erika from Essentially Erika, Leah Segedie’s from Mamavation (the organizer of ShiftCon). With so many bloggers and sponsors in attendance, I can’t wait to meet more people next time.

5. Meeting Blogging Buddies

I have two online friends that I finally met IRL! It was incredible. They were exactly who they were online which was AWESOME! Aaronica from The Crunchy Mommy and Ari from Love, Peace and Tiny Feet.

6. Location.

Although the location will change next time, ShiftCon did a great job at making sure that we were centrally located, in the middle of all of the action! The next conference will be in Irvine! So, Cali here I come!
And so much more… So will you be attending the next ShiftCon conference and meet me IRL?

26 comments on “I’m Attending #Shiftcon 2018 and You Should Too!”

1. Leah Segedie says:

We were SO happy to have you dear. Don’t forget light green people reach tipping point consumers, who are the biggest group to change. Your effects are NOT wasted…and your voice is VERY important to this movement! *fist pump*

It’s actually kind of fun looking for new ways to be cost conscious and healthy. It’s like finding the best deal at Macy’s!

2. It was one of the greatest deal ever. Learning a lot about healthy things and being entertained well with good food and friends and awesome topics was really amazing.

3. Chloe says:

I wish I could attend something like this! I love finding out information on how to do things better for the environment.

This was an awesome conference. I met a lot of great brands there.

Sounds like a lovely event to go to especially if you’re a blogger! It’s always nice to go to places where you’ll meet sponsors and fellow bloggers and learn so much as well.

6. Ana says:

I love going to rvents it’S a lot of fun. Sounds like their green ethos was something you identified with.

7. This sounds like a great conference. I’m sure you will have lots of fun and meet lots of great brands.

8. Amber Myers says:

It sounds like fun! I would love to go to one of these someday.

9. Karlyn Cruz says:

It looks like a great conference, and it makes me intrigued!

10. Victoria Heckstall says:

I really wanted to go in a conference before until now. This is sounds like a good conference.

11. Anne Yedlin says:

This sounds like a fun event. I will definitely look into attending.

12. Bill S says:

I love to be able to attend conferences. I had not heard to much about Shiftcon, I’ll have to watch for more about it next year.

13. amer says:

Never heard of Shiftcon until now. It seems like an amazing event. It would be awesome to meet a bloggers too.

14. Julie Porter says:

This sounds like it was a great event. One of my goals for 2018 will be to attend a blogging conference since this year it is just not in my budget.

15. Looks like a great conference. I have always wanted to attend one. Have fun!

16. Emma says:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Don’t think I’ve ever been to a conference before where the food was actually any good! Sounds like you picked up some great tips too!

17. Tami Qualls says:

I’ve never heard of shiftcon. I’d go just for the food. LOL! Actually, I’d love to meet a few of my blogging friends.

18. Dhemz says:

Sounds like a great upcoming event! I would love to attend if there’s one near me. Thanks for sharing.

19. Amy Jones says:

I would love to go to this event! sounds like a wonderful and great experience

20. Pinkoddy says:

This sounds a great event – but may be a tad bit far for me to travel. It is great when you find a fantastic conference where you can meet up irl.

21. Kim says:

Ah, this sounds wonderful! I live in CA so maybe I will end up going 🙂

22. Coralie says:

This sounds like a lot of fun. I haven’t been to many conferences, but it sounds like this is one worth looking into.

23. Hra says:

24. Kati says:

It sounds like a great event to attend! I wish I could, unfortunately it’s way, way too far away for me to make it there 🙂

25. Lisa Rios says:

ShiftCon sounds like an interesting event to attend and I am sure you had some wonderful experience out there. Meeting other bloggers & interaction with them always gives more pleasure in such events and you are going to have all those delicious foods too!