3 Style Tips for Simply Pretty Little Girl’s Hair #justformejustforschool #ad

**These tips provided to you by Just for Me. All opinions are my own.**

Most women dream of having little girls. I didn’t.

One of the reasons that I wasn’t excited was the thought of doing three heads of hair on the regular basis. I barely like doing my own, add to it the fussiness of little girls and the critique of other mothers, I was not up for the challenge.

But alas, here I was with two daughters and tons of hair! In my quest to have more beautiful hair myself, I also have to make sure that my girls look good too! School has upped my hair game. Now, I do their hair more than once a week.

To ensure quick and simply pretty little girl’s hair, here are 3 style tips that I use:

Moisturizing Cleanser

3 Style Tips for Simply Pretty Little Girls Hair | #justformehairjustforme | AprilNoelle.com | #ad

Steps to Effectively Washing Your Little Girl’s Hair

1. Saturate her hair with water with before applying the shampoo.
  2. Take a dime or quarter-sized amount of shampoo and work it into lather. Concentrate on scrubbing her scalp. Remember, shampoo is for the scalp and conditioner is for the hair.
  3. Massage her scalp deeply to stimulate the follicles and loosen any flakes that may be there.
  4. Rinse your hair until all traces of shampoo are gone, which should take about 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Part your hair and check to make sure it’s all out. If not, rinse again.
  5. Gently squeeze the water out of your hair.

Condition and Detangle

The hardest part is making sure that the hair is detangled – WITHOUT TEARS. Brushes are the enemy of wet hair, so get yourself a wide tooth comb.

Here are the tips to properly detangling their hair.

1. Apply a moisturizing conditioner, like Nourishing Leave-In Conditioner.
  2. Following the directions, wait allotted time for the conditioner to work its way through each strand.
  3. Use a wide tooth comb on small sections of the hair, starting from the ends to the roots for less tears.
  4. Rinse out conditioner and gently squeeze the water out of your hair.

Style

Now here comes the fun part. Styling. There are so many cute styles for little girls. For the hairstyle to last longer, my girls have ponytails. These are the things to remember when you style your little girl’s hair.

1. Braid it up. Braiding is one of the best ways to keep your hair healthy.
  2. Mix up her parts. Don’t part her hair the same way each time you do it.
  3. Loose ponytails. Don’t pull your hair tightly.
  4. Use a smoothing creme. A good smoothing creme, like Moisture-Rich Styling Smoothie, will calm the frizz without pulling the hair tightly.

How do you keep your girl’s hair simply pretty?

Whether your daughter has tangles, dry hair or both, Just For Me has just what you need to give her happy, healthy-looking hair. Shea butter, soy milk and honey combine to nourish your little’s ones tresses and help make styling easier than ever.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Just for Me. The opinions and text are all mine.

For more information, like and follow Just For Me’s Facebook page.

61 comments on “3 Style Tips for Simply Pretty Little Girl’s Hair #justformejustforschool #ad”

1. Amber Myers says:

I love these ideas! Your daughter’s hair is so pretty!

2. I had a friend over swimming and she had to run a comb through her daughters hair and that poor girl cried. I only have boys so I don’t know but I think she needs a detangler!

3. Chloe says:

Great ideas, I can’t wait until my little one finally has some hair! She is already one and is still styled in an old man cut (bald haha). Chloe

4. Oh man do I love the detagle spray they make for kids now days! I’m going to get myself some too!

5. Nathalie Porbes says:

Thank you for sharing this! I really don’t have any style for my girl just tied her hair up! Luckily i’ve found this! 🙂

6. These are great tips! I’ve never had experience with taking care of a little girl’s hair before. It’s nice to know what you can do.

Those products sound great. I’m sure this post will help a lot of moms when it comes to taking care of their children’s hair.

8. I so wish I had little girls! I’m missing out on the cute hairdos! 🙂

9. We have super white hair, so we don’t have to do so much with our hair, but this was an amazingly interesting read. I had no idea so much went into styling African American hair. Thank you for sharing this!

10. Jen Rattie says:

This is such a great resource for anyone styling hair of this type. I have super thin hair, so I have a completely different set of problems.

11. Pam Wattenbarger says:

Keeping kid’s hair nourished can be a challenge. This sounds like a great product and you have great tips for keeping hair healthy and pretty.

12. As a cosmetologist it’s so refreshing to see a post that has the correct way to care for hair!!! I miss doing my daughters hair. Your daughter is so adorable with those braids. I used to also braid ribbon through their hair, which they loved

13. Ora Lee Gurr says:

I used to braid my daughters’ hair when they were little. It reduced the tangles while they slept. I like to put my hair in a braid before I go to bed, also, to avoid snarls and fly-away hair first thing in the morning. Your instructions for washing and conditioning are quite helpful.

14. Ora Lee Gurr says:

What helpful suggestions for washing and conditioning a child’s hair. Braiding is a wonderful way to prevent flyaway hair for young girls and their grownup moms.

15. Meagan says:

I love these ideas. My daughter has outgrown my help but I remember the days when I was able to help her.

16. Although I don’t have any girls, I have 5 sons so I don’t have to worry about doing much hair. But I will keep these tips in mind for some of my girlfriends with girls.

17. Lisa Favre says:

Hair maintenance in general can be quite the hassle… imagine on kids! It can get frustrating but I love your tips. Thanks for these pointers!

These are helpful ideas! I remember styling and working with my daughter’s hair. The detangling could be a chore sometimes.

19. Reesa Lewandowski says:

This sounds like a great product!

20. Tonya says:

My daughter always needed a detangler! She hated to have her hair brushed or fixed when she was little.

21. Samantha says:

great tips! My little girls love to have their hair done but I run out of fun things to do

22. Kiwi says:

Im so happy JFM is still around. It was mostly for relaxers when I was growing up but so happy they are moving in other directions to style little girls hair.

23. You all look awesome! And your daughter is really cute! Thanks for sharing these useful tips! Very helpful!

24. Lisa Rios says:

I have two cute girls as well at home and I make sure to do my best to come up with good hair styles for myself and both of them anytime. Your daughter looks great with that hair style and these are some wonderful tips & suggestions that I could make use of as well.

25. This is so cute…and helpful.
    I plan on sharing this with my sister for her little daughter.

26. Brianne says:

These are such great tips. I’ve got to try out this product for my two girls with curly hair!

27. Sheena Tatum says:

You just opened my eyes to the correct washing. I actually didn’t know shampoo was for just the scalp. I’ve been doing it wrong!!

28. Ann Bacciaglia says:

This looks like a great product line for my Sisters kids. They have really curly hair and she is always trying new things to keep it healthy.

29. Joyce Brewer says:

I’m a boy mom who breathes a sigh of relief that I don’t have to do twists or pony tails. I like to keep our son’s hair short so that it’s easier to brush and maintain.
    But even short hair needs conditioning and attention. His hair tends to get very dry.

30. Tracey says:

My little one is only 4 weeks old. She was born with a mop of black hair but I can’t wait for it to get long enough that I can actually style it.

31. I’d say this is fantastic advice for everybody, not just little girls! I’m not much of girl when it comes to hair care and makeup products so any advice I can get is appreciated.

32. Ourfamilyworld says:

Wow, nice tips. The conditioner really works well. This kid is so cute.

These are all good tips. And I agree, you have to have that wide tooth comb. Brushes really wreak havoc on hair.

34. Melissa says:

There is no greater tool a mom can have in her toolbox when she has a daughter than a DETANGLER! believe me a detangler will help you get through those knots like a Boss! Also your pics are Sooo cute!

35. Krystle Cook says:

I am loving all of these ideas! her hair is so pretty.

36. Amanda Love says:

I recently did this as well. It’s fun to have a little girl because you get to style their hair while they’re little. But sometimes, especially with curly hair, it can be stressful. I think it’s awesome that there are products specifically for curly hair.

37. christina aliperti says:

These are great tips. My nieces are super sensitive so doing their hair can be a little scary lol.

38. Alli Smith says:

I remember french braiding my little girl’s hair when she was little. She’s now 20-something and we talk about all her cute hairstyles when she was growing up. These are all great tips on taking care of a little girl’s hair.

39. Shirley Wood says:

I had to chuckle about how much fun it really isn’t doing all those heads of hair. We were so excited to finally get a granddaughter after having 4 grandsons but as it turns out, she hates having her hair done. At eight years old now, it’s clear, she is never going to enjoy the process of getting her hair done. Her hair requires a detangler and that could be part of the problem. It’s important to have the right product.

40. These are great tips to style a little girl’s hair. My girls love it when I add bows and clips to their hair. We also do braids often.

41. My kids are all grown now but I do have a granddaughter who has beautiful shiny hair. I would love to keep it that way until she is a grown woman. We have to teach her how to care for her tresses while she’s still young. She does not really like it when we style her hair and she is perfectly content with a head band or a ponytail. I will look for Just For Me too. I love the ingredients in it!

42. Nancy T says:

Great advice on hair care for children, or adults (I know I often rush and don’t leave conditioner on as long as I should so this is a gentle reminder on why I should do things properly for full effectiveness). The product line looks as though it has something for everyone and every hair situation.

43. Doria says:

Oh my gosh, your little one is SO CUTE! I have a friend currently looking for new products for her daughter, I’ll be sure to pass this along. 🙂

44. lisa says:

My girls love to have their hair done. From braids to ponytails, they don’t really care how it’s done as long as it looks good!

45. Jenn says:

Awe, these are really good tips. I am the mom of two girls and the grandmother to two girls, and I can not do hair what so ever. So help me, it’s like I’m missing that gene.

46. Dee says:

OMG! This has brought back so many childhood memories for me! I had no idea that the JUST FOR ME product line was still around! I do believe for little girls hair, its best to keep it simple with a good quality product.

47. Pam Wattenbarger says:

I keep hearing about this Just for Me brand of products. It sounds like it works well for a lot of people!

48. Awww too cute! This makes me wish I have a daughter. Your daughter is gorgeous 🙂

49. michele d says:

I love your tips. I use this brand on my daughters hair. It makes her hair so soft and manageable.

50. ricci says:

I don;t have kids but I have nieces and I know that a good detangling stay goes a long way!! LOL!! Great post!!

51. Rebecca Swenor says:

These are great tips for styling little girls hair. I love the idea of using the leave in conditioner. My niece uses this for her little girl. The Just For Me I will have to tell her about for sure. Thanks for sharing the tips.

52. Kita Bryant says:

I love keeping my daughter’s hair in braids. It’s crazy so we need to keep it tight anyways.

53. Bonnie @wemake7 says:

These sound and look like some really great products. I will have to get some for my daughter.

54. She is so adorable. These are great tips for moms that have little girls!

55. Debra P says:

Your daughter is just adorable and I love her hair. Detangling is the hardest part for us so we use leave-in conditioner.

Yes, this set has a leave-in conditioner. As we’ve used it more and more, I haven’t needed to use it nearly as much.

56. adriana says:

These are such great tips! Detangler is a life saver – I still use it to this day! Her hair is so pretty! Love this!

57. Wren says:

Detangler is a MUST in my house. My daughter is 3 and her hair is down to her bum. If I could get her to sit still, we might go for a trim. Her long hair gets pretty tangled, so lots of brushing and combing. These are great tips, thanks so much for sharing! 🙂

58. Starting with great hair care products is definitely a great way to keep your little one’s hair looking fabulous. Thanks for providing such great ideas for making styling so much easier.

59. My daughter and I both have long hair. She hates it when her hair is all tangled up. Thanks for the tips.

60. Heather says:

I remember being a child and getting tangles in my hair, so I’d definitely want to prevent that pain for my child! Thanks for these tips!