My Journey Begins Here with OGX Fenix

**OGX Fenix inspired this journey and discussion. All opinions are my own.**

I’ve been on a weight yo-yo ever since law school… scratch that, ever since college. Unlike most people, I dropped to my lowest weight ever my first year of college, 120 pounds. Unlike most people who struggle to make this weight, I felt sick and weak. Apparently, I just wasn’t eating enough and exercising a ton.

My weight gain has been slow and steady, starting when I worked multiple jobs while in undergrad. I rarely ate, but when I did, I made terrible choices. That scheduled remained until graduation.

Then law school. I loved my law school, but hated my law school life. Lonely and bored, I didn’t really settle in well in school. I was one of the few people without a family that had to work to make ends meet. My schedule reflected that. When most people were in the library, I was working. When I was in the library, others were sleeping. Either way, I didn’t eat better. In fact, I ate worse.

Now, four kids later and I’m sitting idly between 225 and 235 pounds, depending on what time of the month it is. I’m able to drop down to 205, but haven’t made it under 200 for years.

Because of this, I try to avoid taking too many pictures and when I do, it’s headshot only.

Until this Saturday. April's Before Picture | FitNoire.com

In support of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I went to a Breast Cancer Walk. I felt great, I walked, I had fun. Until I saw this picture (right).

See, I’m smiling big and happy… and sucking in my stomach. But it looks like I’m in my 8th month of pregnancy.

What I manage to forget, especially after I lose weight, is that this is a journey. It doesn’t stop when you hit your goal weight and it certainly doesn’t stop when you’re still trying to lose.

What I need to stop doing is thinking that it’s a diet and really believe and understand that this is truly a journey, a life-long journey.

Depending on where you are, food can be everywhere. Worse yet, bad food can be everywhere. Who wants to cook when there’s a Wendy’s deal for $4 around the corner.

I know, I’m also showcasing my extreme laziness, especially when it comes to cooking. Quite frankly, I don’t like doing it, not even a little bit.

Even though I’m not a fan of cooking, I am a fan of my children’s health, so I do my best to put healthy meals on the table for their sake.

Time for Change

So, this time, I’m going to start my journey with OGX Fenix, a brand-new whey protein drink mix with organically grown Ganoderma that provides healthy nutrition, aids in the weight loss or the weight management process.

Accompanying each OGX FENIX™ order is the OGX Nutritional Weight Management Guide that takes OGX FENIX™ to the next level. ORGANO shows you how to do it with recommended meal plans, exercise options for all levels of fitness, hints to maximize success, as well as customized recipes that keep your weight management plan engaging, fun and efficient. The shakes are easy to use – 2 shakes a day help melt the pounds away, 1 shake a day helps keep the fat away when used with a sensible eating plan and exercise program. ~ From the Official Organo Gold press release dated September 6, 2016.

So, here I go… starting again with only one possiblity in my future… Weight Loss SUCCESS!

33 comments on “My Journey Begins Here with OGX Fenix”

1. Wishing you the best! The picture wouldn’t load for me but it doesn’t matter. What matters is you are taking control of your life and health. Just keep going and don’t give up! I wrote this article about the cold truths of having a fit body that might help you- http://bit.ly/2gc5Hsl

KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com

2. Jenni Petrey says:

I wish you the best of luck on your journey. It sounds like you have the right mind set to succeed.

3. Kitchie says:

With that goal in mind, you will definitely achieve it. I love what motivates you! Good luck, dear!

4. CourtneyLynne says:

Good luck in your journey!!!!! It’s always exciting to start something new!!!!

5. Ashlea says:

I am starting back working out myself. I used to be 180 them after my son was 260. I have got down to 227 after eating less but have a ways to go. I do feel better about my self esteem though.

6. Crystal Gard says:

Good luck on this journey

7. I always say, “Whatever it takes”. Here’s hoping that your journey goes well. Discipline, perseverance, and wanting to will get you there.

8. That’s how I see it too. I’m a fan of eating right and saving money. But not a fan of cooking but it is worth it in the long run.

9. Amber Myers says:

Good luck with it!

I try to watch what I eat but you’re right, bad food can be everywhere. But it’s so dang good!

10. Chloe says:

How do you find this one tastes? What is your favourite flavour? Good luck with your journey!

11. Wren says:

Good luck on your journey! I love your motivations!

12. good luck with your journey and I hope everything you are trying works out for you! Keep us updated!

This sounds like an interesting regimen! I hope it works great for you! Do update us with the progress.

14. Good for you, girl! You can do this!!

15. It’s important to focus on your health especially if you’re a mom because you need to be healthier and stronger for you kids! This sounds like a great program! I wish you luck!

16. Glenda says:

I have been on a weight yo-yo ever since I had my 3rd child. I was one of those lucky people that could eat anything and not gain a pound, even after having my first 2 children. I wish you all the best of luck!

17. Julie says:

I really like this post. I do totally agree about cooking. So many days I feel like I’m cooking for my husband and kids, and then my kids don’t even eat it. It’s really fine for me to start finding some things to eat that I prefer over fast food, but that’s hard, too.

18. Good luck on your journey! I have been trying to lose weight for years as well, but always fall off the wagon for whatever reason.

19. BerryRipe says:

Congrats on doing the breast cancer walk. Good luck on the journey!

I love that you decided to make a change. These drinks will be good for helping you.

21. Ty for sharing! I have never heard of this protein drink looking forward to hearing more about your results with it!

22. CourtneyLynne says:

Looks like you’re on the right track for total success!!!! Sending positive vibes your way and hope you kick butt

23. dana vento says:

Reading your blogs always inspire me to motivate myself to pursue my goals in life..

24. karlyn cruz says:

I would love to participate fun run to support cancer awareness. Can help a lot of cancer patients.

25. jill conyers says:

You’ve got this! You’re on the right track to health and fitness which means feeling good and happiness.

26. Aw I am wishing you luck but I have every confidence you will smash it, let the journey begin! You definitely have the right motto to be successful.

27. Amber Myers says:

Good luck with it! I’m sure you’ll do great.

28. Wildish Jess says:

Weight gain/loss is always such a struggle. I wish there was an easier quicker way to change things versus hard work! lol

29. Christina Aliperti says:

This sounds like something I would be interested in trying. I would like to maintain a healthy weight while still giving my body the nutrients that it really needs.

30. Echo says:

It’s great when people find weight management programs that work. I am still looking for mine.

31. Bill S says:

i wish you the best of luck on your journey!! Weight issues are the worst to deal with, just go for healthy and happy!