Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases in West Palm Beach

Paint and wine parties are all the rage and deservedly so. For two hours, you sit with some friends, showcase some art skills you didn’t know you had and, of course, drink some wine.

So, when one of these places opened up in my backyard I had to check it out. I had heard the buzz about Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases from some friends and was really looking forward to it since the next nearest place is a couple of towns over. Why drive extra if you don’t have to?

About Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases

From the website:

Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases™ is the new trendy upscale and chic paint party studio in town! Come join us in our cozy studio and relax in our classy white and blue leather couches as you sip on a cup of coffee, tea or wine.

Everything but your favorite drink is included: the canvases, aprons, brushes, paint, tables and chairs, etc.

Our studio turns into the “chill” place to be after our night classes end. We turn up the music and turn on the strobe lights. The party has only begun!

Grand Opening

For the grand opening, I arrived between classes and it was pretty empty. Honestly, I was pretty nervous wondering how this place would do. It’s in a great location, but sometimes new businesses don’t start out strong. I asked Flora about how the morning went. She said that all of the previous classes were booked solid. So I waited.

In thirty minutes, it went from empty to completely full. Only three seats (out of 36) were empty in the entire class.

Flora was our teacher and she stood on the elevated platform with a mic, camera, and television. She used her phone to show the details of her painting on a large television. This really helped me see what she was doing up close for such a large class.

Gallery and My Finished Pieces

We painted a bird surrounded by beautiful purple flowers. I have no artistic skills, but I’m surprised what a good teacher can bring out of me. The left is Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases’ Gallery Piece. The right is mine. As if you had any question…

Ok, I’m no Van Gogh, but we knew this going in. The fact that it actually looks like a bird and the flowers look like flowers is a triumph.

How do you think I did? Would you go to a Cocktail and Canvas night?

35 comments on “Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases in West Palm Beach”

1. Oh, that is just so perfect! I love the colors and the atmosphere. This is the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail after a day of hanging out on the beach.

2. I LOVE wine/painting nights! They’re so much fun. Although, I have a great time making my own painting, the best is when my friends have one too many glasses of wine while they’re doing theirs. HIGH-larious.

3. Brandy says:

That looks like such a cute place to go! A cocktail and canvas night sounds like it would be a ton of fun.

4. Love the picture, it’s so pretty. I would like to go to a Cocktail and Canvases Night. I think I’d have a lot of fun.

5. Mandee says:

Oh my, that looks like so much fun! I really wish there was a local place like this in my area! And the place looks so cute!!!

6. Marcie W. says:

My sister and I participated in a cocktails and canvas type experience and had so much fun! Both of us are far from artistic but we were still impressed with our finish pieces.

Oh that must have been so fun. I think you did a great job with your painting. It’s a keeper!

8. That should be so fun! I really want to go there. West palm beach has great places.

9. Theresa says:

It looks like so much fun! I just learned that our Wine and Canvas went out of business and I am so bummed as I thought it would be fun to do on date night. I hope yours does much better than ours did.

I think you did a good job. I think mine would not look as good.

11. That sounds so much fun! Painting and wine party sounds like an amazing combo! I wish there’s a studio near us. Your finished piece looks great! 😉

12. Amber Myers says:

How fun! I love the artwork.

13. Robin Rue says:

Wine and painting nights are so much fun. I would love to do another one soon. This one looked like it was so much fun.

14. Jennifer Henry-Novich says:

The atmosphere looks amazing for a night out. Drinks and painting together is so much fun.

15. Ann Bacciaglia says:

Flora’s Cocktails and Canvases sounds like it would be such a fun girls night idea. I will have to see if we have anything like this in my area. I love your painting. It turned out great.

16. Bill S says:

What a fun place for a night out!! I know I have seen a couple local places doing this, great night out with friends.

17. Amanda Love says:

It’s awesome to be able to do this especially with friends or with your SO! I think it’s a fun party studio and it’s definitely worth checking out! I love your work, it’s really pretty.

18. Kita Bryant says:

This sounds like a TON of fun! I actually didn’t know things like this existed!

Heck yeah, I’d go. That looks like a completely fun way to spend some time. Love it!

20. linda Smith says:

This sounds like so much fun! YES! I would definitely go to one of these!

21. You did a fabulous job! There is a place near me like that and I haven’t gone only for the fact that I am not very artistic lol. But I may just have to have a night out with the girls and dabble in some painting!

22. Crystal says:

That looks like so much fun. I’ve never tried one of those painting classes, but I’d love to try it.

23. Tami Qualls says:

I think you are talented. I would buy one for my home.

24. Ourfamilyworld says:

Oh, this is a lovely place. We will include this on our must-see destinations.

25. I have actually never been to a painting party but that place looks great! You’re painting looks better than the model haha

26. I think you did really well, love the attention to detail and shading. It sounds like the perfect set up for a good time I have to say.

27. Fatima says:

I’ve always wanted to try something like this with my mom. She’s a huge fan of paintings and wine… lots of it 😉

28. Dawn Rambles says:

I would totally go to a cocktail and canvas night. Nice picture!

29. Samantha says:

Looks like fun! It would be so neat to be able to paint something that looks good ha

30. That is so much better than I would do! Especially with some cocktails!

31. Melisasource says:

This seems like a great, fun place to go!

I think it turned out great. And you don’t need to be Van Gogh to make enjoyable art. 🙂

33. Momina Arif says:

This looks like so much fun. You did a great job, and I really wish I could plan something out like this as well 🙂

34. Leigh Anne Borders says:

I love going to painting shows like this! This post reminds me to go back!

35. I love dinning where there is art to take home. When I was in my 20s I brought a statute.