Library Adventure Museum Pass 2016 {Palm Beach County Libraries}

After posting last year’s info on Palm Beach County’s Library Adventure Pass (LAMP), a friend quickly notified me that the program had changed! So, after several years of the same process, it’s new.

I rushed right over there, and by rushed, I mean, I spent an hour looking for our library cards, making sure certain people made it to the bathroom and taking apart the house looking for the library cards.

Ultimately, I did NOT find them. But, the same friend let me know that they would look up the info for you (that’s new!)! Keep reading below for my pros and cons of the new LAMP.

2016 LAMP

LAMP Info

In order to get access to your favorite attractions, please follow these simple instructions:

Each child’s Palm Beach County Library System card is eligible to receive one (1) LAMP pass in June and one (1) LAMP pass in July. ***All participants must have a child’s library card on hand*** when entering the drawing and when picking up your ticket(s).

JUNE LAMP PASSES

1.) Please fill out a June LAMP entry form, available at every Palm Beach County Library System Children’s Desk from Monday, May 23 – Friday, June 3. Your entry will be placed in a drawing to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to get their favorite passes.

2.) If your entry is chosen and you are contacted, please visit the library branch where you submitted your entry from Tuesday, June 7 – Tuesday, June 14 with your child’s library card in hand.

3.) All remaining passes will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis (including any museum passes not claimed by the close of business on Tuesday, June 14).

JULY LAMP PASSES

1.) Please fill out a July LAMP entry form, available at every Palm Beach County Library System Children’s Desk from Saturday, June 25 – Friday, July 1. Your entry will be placed in a drawing to ensure that everyone has an equal chance to get their favorite passes.

2.) If your entry is chosen and you are contacted, please visit the library branch where you submitted your entry from Wednesday, July 6 – Wednesday, July 13 with your child’s library card in hand.

3.) All remaining passes will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis (including any museum passes not claimed by the close of business on Wednesday, June 13).

The participating organizations are donating all of the free admissions; in cases where entrance is free, additional benefits are offered to LAMP holders. Please thank them for their generosity when you visit.

For more info, head to your local library!

LAMP application

Pros of the new LAMP:

More inclusive

You don’t have to show up at 10 a.m. on June 1st. This is great for working moms or just moms that need to get something done that morning.

No lines

With a window to turn in the application, you have the ability to work it around your schedule.

No card in hand

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I couldn’t find our library cards. With this new system, they will look it up for you, which they didn’t before.

Cons of the new LAMP:

No guarantee “for the whole family”

Before, you could make sure that you could get enough LAMPs for the entire family. However, the new lottery process only gives the LAMP to the winner. Therefore, if you have three children and the pass includes one adult and one child, you will have to pay for the other children.

No guarantee that you’ll get one at all

Before, you could make sure you get at least one by showing up early and waiting in line. Now, without that, you may not get one at all.

31 comments on “Library Adventure Museum Pass 2016 {Palm Beach County Libraries}”

1. Robin Masshole Mommy says:

Our library has lots of free passes all year long, every year. It’s an awesome resource.

2. Sounds like a great program. I will have to see if they have something similar in my neck of the woods.

3. lalaine says:

Our local library is one of my favorite places. I borrow books, DVD’s, and they have a lot of cool programs and events like this. Thanks for sharing 🙂

4. Sara says:

I wonder if my library has something like this! What a great resource for families.

5. Sounds like fun! If I was to attend it I don’t mind the Cons at all. I miss my library days.

6. What an awesome way to enrich a child’s summer and keep their minds inquisitive over the holiday break.

7. NAZMA IQBAL says:

what a great idea of free passes. we should promote this as much as we can.

8. I just checked out all the great resources my kids can visit this summer with the library. It’s such a great resources everyone should check out.

9. Nicole Escat says:

I am so glad that there are programs like this in your place. I will check if we have something like this.

10. Nicole Haas Etolen says:

I haven’t heard of programs like this in our place. Lucky for you!

11. Danne Reed says:

I am so fond of finding such program like this. There are so few people looking for libraries.

12. Ryan Escat says:

I wish we have a program like this. I haven’t been in the library since high school and that is like 5 years ago.

13. I could live at the library and the kids feel the same way. I lost my card so I’ve been using theirs. It would be amazing if I didn’t have to keep up with them anymore.

14. Maria says:

What a fun way to keep children entertained and educated this summer. I have to check with our local library and see if they have something similar.

15. This just makes me wish I lived closer as your library sounds amazing and I am also a huge fan of taking both my girls to library throughout the year for fun programs and such, as well.

16. Jeanette says:

We have something like this down here! I love it! It keeps us going out without spending a ton of money!

17. Adriana says:

I love when libraries have fun events and things to do for kids! It’s a great way to keep them busy part time and a great way for parents to get things done too haha!

18. What an awesome opportunity for kids to win!

Thanks for the heads up on the changes. It really is a great pass for families! It’s nice that they’ve made it easier to turn in your application.

It’s a great way to see the attractions this summer and it’s quite a learning experience for kids too. I do hope that people will get their chance to have passes for the whole family though. It seems as if it’s tough to get one for each kid.

21. Nicole Etolen says:

Oh, nice library. I haven’t been in the library for some time. I will check if our library has this.

22. Nicole Escat says:

This is so nice, people tend to forget to have a time at the library due to the technology. I will visit our library here this weekend.

23. A library adventure museum Sounds like a great Summer activity for kids Noelle.

24. Kathy says:

That sounds really neat! I love taking my girls to the library. They always have fun picking out items. They recently got their own library cards too!

25. Nice, libraries! It’s great to spread the word about causes or events like this. There’s still a lot that paper can do when it comes to learning as opposed to digital ways even if I do the latter for convenience which I don’t deny.

26. Akhil Sharma says:

Wow sounds like fun and what a creative idea to distribute free passes. Instead of spending time on other useless activities, kids should attend such events.

27. We love going to our local libraries. They have so many great resources. They offer several different passes like the zoo ans state parks.

28. My daughter loves going to the library and get access to hundreds of books. LAMP is such a nice program, I wish we have that here too.

29. I used to visit a lot of libraries back in the day. I used to explore stories and books – where I can travel in between the pages. I even rent out cd’s for music. Thank you for sharing this. Reminded me of so much memories too.

30. Melissa Bernardo says:

I will need to look into this at our local library. Sounds like a great program!