When There Are No More Words Left to Write

This is a rare week when schedules of three bibles studies collide. Three mornings, I’m busy from school drop off to after lunch. By that time, I’m tired and ready to take a nap.

This week, as well, I have been intent on actually taking the time to learn and take a class or two from the various places from which I still receive emails.

This is also the first time since consistently writing that I have messed up my schedule because I didn’t plan.

I missed it.

I missed getting out four posts this week.

But I’m here today because I have too much in my head, too much knowledge, too many opinions and endless stories that I wish to tell.

Boy, do I want to tell you stories. I have them, in my head. But I need them on paper. (Is this paper?)

And I want to improve. I want to be a better writer. I want to be a writer that people love (did I just say that out loud?) I want to be an author of books: children’s books, novels, and educational material. Yes, educational material because I have a lot of knowledge and there are people who need it.

I’ve flexed my writing muscles to write about creating your own career, fitness, motherhood and just to see if could, topics pitched by someone else.

So, I’ll keep writing until it’s all out of my head, until I have no more words left to say, until I cannot write anymore.

Until that happens, I hope to grow, adapt, learn and change.

This has been a Finish the Sentence Friday post. This week’s topic is “Sometimes, I wonder about my writing. I keep on and on because…” Feel free to adapt the sentence to “I write because…” or “I wonder why I write…

Your host is Kristi from Finding Ninee.

Finish the Sentence Friday is a link-up where writers and bloggers come together to share their themselves with a particular sentence. If you’d like to stay ahead of future sentences and participate, join our Facebook group.  Link up your sentence prompts over there and find some new friends!

26 comments on “When There Are No More Words Left to Write”

1. A.J. Goode says:

Love this. It’s so reassuring to know that other writers struggle to stay on schedule and find time to fit writing into a very busy life. It sounds like you’ve got a good handle on it, though — along with a lot of great stuff in your head that I can’t wait to read once you get it out of there!

I’m so glad I found your blog through FTSF. Looking forward to reading more from you.

My major issue is balancing my family’s feelings with what I want to write, but we’ll see how that comes out in the future. 🙂 If you don’t struggle, you are truly blessed to have that time to write. I wish I did.

2. I want to write books too and have people love my words. I love your words, so there’s that right? And I know I’m not alone in that. Keep on keeping on, you. I’m glad you write.

There’s definitely that! I love knowing others like reading what I write. I have some awesome ideas for this year. Now, getting it all down will be my challenge. 🙂

3. May we never run out of words to write! I want to be an author of everything too!You’re doing good getting out four post a week. I only know you from FTSF but I’m going to subscribe to you in my reader.

I have two sites. I’m aiming to post twice a week here, and twice there. I was doing well for about a month, but this week threw me off completely! Awww, thank you. I love reading your writing and loved your post this week.

4. April, you are amazing to me and seriously 4 times a week for me now is just too much with designing added into the mix, but still love that you do have a schedule and seemingly sticking to it as much as you can.

Well, it’s two times a week on two different sites and one of the posts is just a roundup (finding other resources to share).

5. Lizzi says:

Writing to write better, to adapt and learn, to hone and to follow your passion – those are awesome reasons, and I hope you find a way to realising your dreams 🙂

6. Great writers are always trying to push themselves to be better. By acknowledging what you want, you are already closer to achieving it.

Sounds like you’ve had a productive week. It’s good to hear from you again and it’s nice to know that you want to improve your writing. That’s a gift you can give to yourself, improve on something you are passionate about. And we all know that the learning never stops, even as we grow older.

8. Nicole Escat says:

Like this post. I’m glad you shared your thoughts. Thanks for sharing!

And I imagine it will never happen, April! There will always be words left to write. This reminds me of my grandfather who passed away at 100, but was still creating art until his mid-90’s. He still had lots to say.
    Staying on a schedule is challenging. I’ve been balancing it for ages, and not always well.

10. Adriana says:

I’m trying to write a LOT a week too – but two blogs is a lot, keep up the good work, you’re doing great!

11. Leah Vidal says:

I hope I never run out of words to write and that the longing to empty my mind and put them to paper never goes away. I also hope to be more disciplined about giving them the time to come to life rather than allowing them to continue to take up residence in my head. 😉 Thanks for sharing!

12. Lynndee says:

You are just like my husband. He has a lot of things running in his head, and he wanted to write them on paper. He has this dream of writing a novel. 🙂

13. rocky says:

Great post you have here! shared and thanks for sharing.

14. Debbie Denny says:

I write cause it is fun and works my brain plus to remember. I have an extremely hard post to write coming up in about 9 days. I am relieved others have times when i hear others have days like that.

15. I tend to give myself off a day mid week to catch up what I need. Thankfully, I’m pretty good at planning everything out, but when I don’t, I try not to beat myself up if I go a couple days without a new post.

16. I write because I can freely express myself. Thanks for sharing.

Busy can be good. 🙂 I like ‘finish the sentence’ prompts too. 🙂

18. Melissa Bernardo says:

Sometimes writing is tough for me. Can’t seem to find the right words.

19. Nicole Etolen says:

We have the same problem sometimes. I was struggling before what to blog or post.

20. Dana says:

So true, April. I want to improve too, and the only way to do that is to keep writing.

21. “(Is this paper?)” – I love that! 😀
    I also love that you have goals and plans – be a better writer, be a writer people love. That’s excellent. And I so understand the scheduling thing. I always have the best laid plans, but then life happens and the writing has to hang out in my head for a while longer before it makes it to the page.
    Great post, April!

22. Ron Leyba says:

Wow! Four posts a week is quite awesome. How I wish I can do that too and I wanted to be a better writer too!