Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.
At this time of the year, thankful lists are abundant on Facebook, holiday cards and, of course, on blogs. I love them. Here’s mine:
- My family who makes me laugh and brings pleasure my daily life.
- The home that keeps me warm during the winter (wink, wink) and an air conditioner that keeps me cool.
- The job that keeps me busy and the ability to watch my little ones grow.
- The bed that helps me sleep at night.
- The volunteer work that expands my social circles, allows me to utilize and increase my skills, and changes the way I see the world.
- The volunteer work that just makes me feel good.
- The communities that I have found online that allow me to be me and teaches me a few things about myself.
- The communities that have taught me about many aspects of life.
- The friends that I have made along the way.
Yet, the true blessing is being happy with where I am and using the information that I’m learning. Personally, I think you can learn something new everyday, if you tried, just from those around you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and spend it with the people you love.