2015 Summer Bucket List {Things to Do with Family in Palm Beach}

Just last week, my husband asked me what I wanted to do this summer. Normally, we schedule one big trip. For most years, it was, well, coming to Florida to visit his parents (one of the many reasons we made this move). With now three children, those cross-country flights were getting costly.

Being a stay at home mother has its advantages, excess money is not one of them. Instead of taking one big trip, I would love to hit as many places this summer as I can. Since the summer can pass by really fast, I’m going to see how many I can blow through.

This will be my “go to” list of things to do with family in Palm Beach County. I would love to post updates on where we end up going! I don’t want this summer to go by too fast and miss a lot of fun.

This list is organized in order by city, then alphabetical. If I missed any place, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email – spiritedlife @ gmail.com.

PBC Pinpoint Kids

Lab for Kids – Lake Worth
Monkey Joe’s – Lake Worth

Kidscape Park – Loxahatchee
Lion Country Safari
– Loxahatchee

M

Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden – Miami (The Kreative Life Review)
Gold Coast Railroad Museum – Miami (The Kreative Life Review)
Jewish Museum of Florida – Miami Beach
Jungle Island – Miami
Miami Children’s Museum – Miami (The Kreative Life Review)
Monkey Jungle – Miami
Zoo Miami – Miami (The Kreative Life Review)

P

Family Fun Fest @ City Place – West Palm Beach
Palm Beach Zoo – West Palm Beach
Rapids Water Park – West Palm Beach
South Florida Science Center and Aquarium – West Palm Beach

Throughout Palm Beach County and beyond:

Food Truck Invasion

Making sure your summer goes by #fast without spending a lot of $
#1Word @Blogitudes @TheGoldenSpoons
Tweet: Making sure your summer goes by #fast without spending a lot of #money #1Word @Blogitudes @TheGoldenSpoons @janinehuldie

These are some ideas that you may be able to find in your area:

Bowling alleys
Chuck E. Cheese
Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
Ice skating rinks
Indoor play places
Lowe’s Build and Grow Workshops
Mall play areas
Movies (Outdoor/Free/Inexpensive for Children)
Roller skating rinks
Snow Cones

Come linkup and join us weekly for The 1 Word Blog Linkup hosted by The Golden Spoons, Blogitudes and Confessions of a Mommyholic on Wednesday Mornings at 6 am EST.
This week’s words: Voices & Fast.

31 comments on “2015 Summer Bucket List {Things to Do with Family in Palm Beach}”

1. Jeanine says:

How awesome! I wish I was in Florida. I need to make one of these for where I live so I can figure out some stuff to do locally. Such a great idea!

I was crowdsourcing ideas, and figured I should put them all in one place. Not sure that I’ve seen a list that includes lots of free or inexpensive options!

2. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

Wow, there is so much to do down there. It sounds like you guys have a busy summer coming up 🙂

Yes, much more than I even considered. I’m so excited we’ve already hit a couple of them.

3. Florida has always been one of my favorite places to vacation and I’d love to try some of your suggestions. I spent half of my summers in FLA during my childhood and have so many great memories from FLA.

Please let me know how it goes. I will be writing follow-ups to all of the places we make it. I’d love to hear other input.

4. Maketta says:

I remember when I was a kid we went to Florida for a family reunion and we went to Disney world. I absolutely loved it. I would like to visit Florida again. It was beautiful. We were in Clearwater. It looks like you will be having a fun filled summer! Thanks for sharing this with us!

5. Michele says:

That is some bucket list you have there. I will be curious to see how many you actually able to cross off by summers end.

LOL! I doubt all of them. But why not shoot high, right?

6. What a great list and many are own my own list now, as well and just so excited that the summer is almost here 😉

Awesome. I am too. I don’t think I’ve been this excited since I was a kid. 🙂

7. Choya says:

You are gonna have one busy summer, but it looks like a lot of fun places and a lot of educational places too. Have fun with this one!!!

There’s no way I’m making it through all of these, but I want to get to as many as possible.

8. Oh how I miss Florida! Always so much to do there – so many places to see. I had an awesome aunt who lived in Miami. Throughout most of my twenties and thirties, I used to spend a 1 week vacation with her each year. She passed away several years ago, and oh how I miss her and all the fun we used to have together. Florida is awesome! Enjoy your summer and the trips you take to all the wonderful places you listed … and thank you so much for sharing these great ideas with #1Word! 🙂

Because summer goes by fast, right? 🙂 I’m excited to have summer near.

There is so much to do there. I have a cousin in Florida and she keeps bugging me to visit. Hopefully, this year I can go there.

It’s really a nice place. I’m getting settled here and ready to venture out and explore.

10. Dhemz says:

how helpful! thanks for sharing….I could use some of these since we are going to Florida next month.

11. Dogvills says:

Now this is an amazing bucket list for the summer. I would love to visit Southeast Florida one day. It has lots of great activities

I went to the Miami Seaquarium as a kid! What a memory. I know it gets so hot there so it’s fun to see the variety of activities. I always worry about when I have older kids who don’t want to do stuff like this.. because I want to do stuff like this!

13. So much fun stuff to do in Florida! I love that you’re going to try and get to as many of those places as possible and look forward to reading updates about which ones are your favorites! I LOVE Children’s Museums and water parks. Love love.

14. Allie says:

I used to live in Coconut Creek, FL – but as a singleton. It’s wild for me to see how much there is to do in the area with kids!

15. I am positively gobsmacked. This list is wonderfully overflowing. Good on you. I am on the west coast of Canada and am SO tempted to hop on a plane right this minute and zoom over.

16. This is exactly the list I would have loved to have in my own area! I hope all those Palm Beach parents can find it and lock on. Have lots of free, fabulous, simple, not-so-simple fun this summer!

17. So smart to keep track of all the things you want to do and include links to it for you to reference this summer. Sounds like your kids will not be bored.

I hope to get to as many as I can! 🙂

18. Wow! What a long list of great things to do over the summer! You’ve found some cool ideas, and you’ll have a fun time working your way through the list. How are the summers in Florida? We’ve only been there for short periods during the summer (usually in or around Orlando), so I don’t really have a good feeling for what they’re like. Hot and muggy? Or warm and delightful? Or maybe a mixture of all of the above. In any case, great that your kids are near their grandparents. It can be very fulfilling for kids to grow up with family close by!

Hot and muggy, but most of these things are indoors. I’m dinding out the benefit of the muggy part is that my car doesn’t really bake because a good reason that things feel “hot” is the mugginess. Really, it’s just warm ~ around 80. I’m going to try to go to as many as I can. It’s a lofty goal, but better than not making any plans. 🙂

19. I’ve seen so many of these summer lists around the last few weeks. There are so many fun things to do and it’s a great idea to put together a list and keep it visible for those days when everyone wonders “what should we do today?”
    Have a wonderful summer!