West Palm Beach CrossFit: The Community

I’d like to say that I could lose weight on my own and be the best me all by myself.

In reality, I need help. In reality, I can’t do it alone. In reality, I haven’t been able to do it alone.

After introducing you to Crossfit, talking to you about the price, and what Crossfit is, I’d like to end with the community.

In short, the community is AMAZING.

From young black men to older white women, this place has a lot of diversity. There are super fit people and people who have never worked out. We all do the same workout.

I knew I felt this place was different on my first visit. The trainer, Dana, introduced me to every one there (except those few in the “workout zone”.

CF The Community

In Reality, I Need Support

Working out is not fun to me. I am competitive, but sometimes workouts are really hard. I have been known to walk out of a class when I feel it’s just “too hard” for me, if the burn is a little too much.

But not here.

Every time I even try to slow down, I get cheered on from others in the class and those about to take the next class.

“You can do it!”

“You’re almost done.”

When is the last time a classmate (someone that is not already your “friend”) in spin or other workout class cheered you on when you slowed down. I cannot remember a time that it’s happened.

In Reality, I Need Accountable

One thing about CrossFit is that you do workout outside. Often, you’ll be asked to run a distance between 200 to 400 meters. Obviously, that’s not always in the “view” of the trainer.

I admit, I have been known to walk. Have I mentioned to you that I hate running. It’s literally my least favorite exercise.

I haven’t been able to walk for long. Someone has always been there to say, “Girl, you know you can run, even if it’s just a little” or something like that.

When I’m doing the modification of the modification for pull-ups, they let me know that I still have time to get one more in.

When I’m doing burpees, I am encouraged that it’s just a few more.

I’m okay with it. In fact, I like it. I end up doing way more than I ever thought I would.

In Reality, I Need Friends

In our workout yesterday, we did 400 meters of walking lunges. Yep, that’s a lot of lunges and super far. We ended up in four clumps of people. I was in the last clump.

In this last clump, we dutifully took each step slowly around the building and we chatted. We chatted about life and things and that last quarter which should have felt like complete pain, instead was manageable.

Whether or not we’ll become friends outside the gym, I don’t know, but inside, we are the bestest ever!

My West Palm Beach CrossFit Gym. If you decide to drop in, let them know I sent you! 🙂

CFBGInobox

WebsiteFacebook | LinkedIn | Twitter

getfit@crossfitbgi.com
561-296-9444
Address: 7231 Haverhill Business Pkwy, Suite#205, West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Come linkup and join us weekly for The 1 Word Blog Linkup hosted by The Golden Spoons, Blogitudes and Confessions of a Mommyholic on Wednesday Mornings at 6 am EST.
This week’s words: Offensive & Reality.

22 comments on “West Palm Beach CrossFit: The Community”

1. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

I have a few friends that are BIG TIME into cross fit. I tried it once and thought I was going to die.

2. I think having support is really important when it comes to sticking to a fitness regimen. It’s helpful to ensuring your overall success and compliance.

3. Lesley says:

Having a community of people to support you is very helpful. I know that’s whats been my backbone through the Core 8-Week Challenge.

4. I need support too when I work out and this gym definitely sounds like it has a ton of support. So very glad you have found this gym for that and so much more 😉

5. I really want to try crossfit. I have heard many great things about it

6. Sounds like something I would love to give a try I need to loose weight and get into much better shape for health reasons not vanity reasons. Do to some health restrictions I can’t run so I have to find other alternatives to get these calories burned.

7. Dee says:

My husband got into cross fit several months ago. They really support each other there!!

8. Catherine S says:

I have a friend who does CrossFit and loves it. She is always saying how supportive everyone is.

9. Pam says:

It’s great that there are such encouraging people at your gym. That can really make a difference in how well you exercise!

10. aimee fauci says:

Reality is a great word! Often times people don’t look at themselves and lifestyle and food intake until it’s too late. Reality is key!

11. Good for you that you’re doing this! I can’t even imagine!

12. Hey I live in West Palm Beach! I did not know you were in the same area!

This does sound like a unique gym experience. It would help to surround myself with motivated people.

14. Support makes for a totally different gym experience. It really helps to be around motivated people.

15. Jeanine says:

I’ve never tried crossfit! I know some gals who swear by it and love it but I’ve never tried!

16. It definitely helps to have a community of support! Glad you have found yours.

17. I have never tried cross fit before, but it looks like a really great work out~

18. Lisa Rios says:

Sounds like a great community. I do agree, workouts are really hard at times & you get lazy in all of sudden. Having people support around you would really make a huge difference always.

I’m glad you found something amazing that you like. I found accountability to be a big one for me too, when I was losing baby weight after my last child.

20. Amber NElson says:

It is so good to workout with other people and to feel like you are a part of a group.