Hot and Humid in Florida

This week has been one of the busiest and shortest weeks I’ve had in a long time. I wanted to work on my third podcast, but with my partner going out of town, I couldn’t swing meeting on another day. So, you won’t hear anything this week. But if you missed last week, I would LOVE if you’d listen to last week’s episode and tell me what you think.

Run Your World 2

And yes, if you’ve been here, you’ve heard a few times now, but I’m extremely passionate about getting this going.

All of that said, I did have time to answer a few questions for #AskAwayFriday! This week, I’ve swapped with one of the OG’s: Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings. We’ve swapped before, but I’m so glad that I have the opportunity to do so again.

What is #AskAwayFriday? Well…
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom, as a way to connect with other bloggers with a great Q & A session of 10 questions and 10 answers, between two bloggers! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know others while allowing others to get to know you and of course there is also the added bonus of making great friends along the way which is one of the best parts of this online world! Ask me if you want to swap!

2015AskAwayFridayHost

Now welcoming our wonderful #AskAwayFriday hosts…
Tamara from Tamara Like Camera,
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
and
Echo from The Mad Mommy
Grab our brand new button, follow our amazing hosts, hop through the great link ups and make some new friends!

TamaraLikeCamera

Don’t forget to stop by Stacey’s spot and check out her answers, and here are mine:

You have unlimited funds, what would be your dream family vacation?

This will likely be lame to some, but an all out Orlando trip for a couple of weeks. Although I would love to travel the world, the kids aren’t going have nearly as much fun (and be required to sit a lot more) than going to Disney. At no less than $400 to get in, I’d probably use their concierge service where you are walked to the front of each ride line. We’d go to every special event, stay on site and go to Universal Studios and Sea World. Then a couple of down days, lounging in the pool and going to the spa before getting back to life.

I noticed during one of your “10 Things of Thankful” that you mentioned that you could be a homeschooling mom…Is this something that you have been considering?

The public school system in this country is pretty awful considering how much money we pump into into the system. We can’t afford private school. I’m finding that although the charter schools are better, it’s pretty questionable on whether common core or any of their tactics are going to help my kid succeed.

What has been the best part of the move to Florida? The worst?

The worst part is the easiest. I hate the humidity! So many days I take a shower and walk outside only to be hit with another shower. The best is our support system. Family is super supportive. As I type up this post, we’re on our way to visit a college. We were able to drop off my girls so that we can pay attention and not worry about chasing little ones around.

Now that spring is here…what are you looking forward to as spring/summertime fun?

For it to be fall… summers here are hot and humid, see last answer. I really don’t know though. This year, I will have three children to keep busy and determine if summer camps are a go. So many things to consider. I’ll be honest? I haven’t thought much about it, but it’s on my to do list since I’m starting a calendar of activities on this site.

What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do for you, rather than do yourself? Why?

Each day that goes by, this list gets longer and longer. Cooking, cleaning, organizing, and most online promotion work. That could be a post in and of itself.

If you could go back in time and interview any historical figure, who would you choose and why?

This is a hard one. I’ve never really wanted to interview most historical figures. I’m way too practical. I’ve heard so many stories about people who we thought of as great, only to find out they are jerks. Maybe Alexander Graham Bell or Albert Einstein. I would love to find out how their brains work in thinking of the unquestionable, versus building on the existing. I wonder if it was purposeful or accidental.

I love your #InTheRaw series. What gave you the idea for it?

I have a lot of issues with my family. I often feel I don’t have anyone to turn to because either I’m judged about my feelings or it’s received as a non-issue. So, I end up sitting on it for a long time and never say anything. Especially within my family, because I have my own functional family and don’t struggle to pay my bills, it’s taken as I don’t have any problems and therefore I should be completely understanding and allow people to treat me poorly. Then, I figured that others probably feel the same way. I just wanted an open discussion of bad relationships, where people could vent or tell a story of how they got through a tough situation to encourage others. I think a lot of people sit in the dark about their problems because unless it’s near life ending, it somehow becomes competitive.

I have always been drawn to strong and feisty women, such as Maya Angelou or Maureen O’Hara. Who would you choose as your role model in life?

Ms. Angelou has some great quotes. Right now, I think Michelle Obama. I find her beautiful, intelligent, motivated, but able to support her husband when she needs to. I find the balance or what she manages to be admirable.

What is something that you hope your kids take with them into adulthood?

Sympathy and determination. No, those aren’t related. I would love for them to understand others struggles. I would also kllike for them to not take “no” for answer. Life is hard, but you have to carve out your own life. You can’t let life happen to you because it goes so fast.

Sometimes it is so hard for us moms to make sure we get a bit of “me time”, how do you manage to fit it in during the craziness of day to day life?

Umm, what is that? Lately what I’ve found that leaves me guilt free. I’ve been working with several non profit organizations, where I get to go to meetings and network and talk to adults. Also, the last couple of weeks, I’ve been going to Crossfit, so that’s some me time.
There you have it. That’s all for this week. I hope you’ll join us next week.

31 comments on “Hot and Humid in Florida”

1. Echo says:

Great swap! I am with you on homeschooling, which is why I do now! Two weeks with unlimited funds in Orlando sounds awesome!

It’s really a more viable option now and the kids aren’t the same as they used to be. I would love that Orlando trip.

2. I think Disney would be awesome, and I would agree to go all out too! LOL! Why not experience it at it’s fullest. I love homeschooling, and in many ways it has been great for mine, of course there are always challenges. LOL! They are kids after all…and tween/teen, too! Have to agree about the chore list, too! LOL! I had family issues once upon a time, well still working on it to a degree, but with both of my parents gone and no contact with siblings…it is a work in progress. That is a great thing to teach your kids! Have a great weekend and thank you so much for a great swap!

Thanks. I really enjoyed swapping with you. If things don’t go better, I will be trying out homeschooling for some time.

Even though I’ve had two Orlando vacations in the last two years, they were budget vacations. I want the full thing that you described – and staying at one of the resorts!
    I Love Michelle Obama too!
    And our springs are mostly like winter. No doubt, having a spring too much like summer or too much like winter is a bummer.

It’s been mild, for the ost part, but it’s only the second week of spring and I know it’ll be hot soon enough. I give it another two. I’m ready to take my kids on an excursion of fun and play.

4. Tiffany says:

We’ve been to Disney for only 5 days and trust me we didn’t even make a dent it what we wanted to do and see. I think that would be my unlimited funds dream vacation too…yes definitely…it has so much to offer but when you have a large family it can get really pricey.

Exactly. We’re now at 5 and it will easily be $10,000 for a nice vacation. I can’t even imagine what the actual cost would be if we did go all out.

5. Liv says:

You’re so right about the school system these days. Sympathy and determination are both great traits! Wonderful swap!

Thanks. I just feel like schools are little jails instead of learning institutions.

6. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

The heat and humidity are the exact reason I could never live in Florida. I love to visit, but then I like to go home where it;s not so bad 🙂

7. Terry says:

Next year, I will be in Florida for 2 maybe 3 months. We will be based in Sarasota, but visiting all over Florida.

8. Very cool! Or HOT LOL I love posts like this with questions and answers! You learn so much about the blogger 🙂

Thanks… Very hot! Luckily this last week has been mild.

9. Donna Ward says:

Hi April, This was a great post / interview – I can identify with many of the answers and found many inspirational – I to love feisty, smart, strong women – like Maya Angelou or Maureen O’Hara and Michelle Obama and some of these ideas are some of my goals, also – 🙂

Really cool. I hope that this year bears the fruit that I think it will. So far, it’s been great.

10. My mom loves Florida more than any place in the world – I have to visit it – sounds soooo much of a good place to be in regardless of its season. 🙂

11. Theresa says:

Even though we’ve been to Orlando twice, I’d still love an all out family vacation with unlimited funds to go again. And yes, that humidity is a real drag in FL!

12. Pam says:

The humidity in Florida can be a pain! Especially on my already curly hair.

13. Alice Chase says:

I would love to take the whole family to Orlando and do it big! I’ve been and our daughter has been but a family vacation would be the best!!

14. aimee fauci says:

Very thoughtful questions and great answers. You did great. I agree with the ME time.

15. Amber NElson says:

Oh I cannot wait to go there in less than a month!

16. Jeanine says:

Heat and humidity. I can’t deal with yet I’m dying to go to Florida to visit! I’m in Canada so we get the too hot, the too cold, the just right and I’m between them all haha!

17. Annie M says:

I think Disney is always an awesome trip for any age! I can’t wait to head back to Disneyland in September 😛

18. I would die in humid and hot weather, I’m so used to this cold Canadian one!

19. I do love Orlando, but I think my dream vacation would be an around the world cruise, if I had unlimited funds! However, I would definitely take a two-week Orlando stay 🙂

20. I love Orlando. I don’t mind hot and humid weather as I live in cold weather.

21. Exactly!! What IS me time again? LOL I try to fit some in every now and then but it just doesn’t seem possible as a daily deal at this stage of life.

22. Melissa Vera says:

I love that you swapped with another blogger. I love when bloggers aren’t afraid to share the love.

23. Paula Schuck says:

Great little interview. Looking forward to all the new hosts in the future!