Get to Know Me a Little More with #AAF and #FTSF

Happy Friday everyone. My son has been home for Spring Break and instead of partying it up, we’ve had a pretty stilted vacation because he’s grounded. Fun for me, right?

Thankfully, I get to “Ask Away Friday” with a newbie, Kevin of Who Woulda Thought? Since he’s new and some of you may not know me, we did some “get to know you” questions. I want to make sure you head over there and check out his 50 Shades of Grey review. Pretty funny!

Disclosure:
Some of the links are affiliates. I may or may not receive a commission from your purchase.
It will not cost you any more.

AskAwayFriday with Kevin - Who Woulda Thought

What is #AskAwayFriday? Well…
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom, as a way to connect with other bloggers with a great Q & A session of 10 questions and 10 answers, between two bloggers! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know others while allowing others to get to know you and of course there is also the added bonus of making great friends along the way which is one of the best parts of this online world! Ask me if you want to swap!

2015AskAwayFridayHost

Now welcoming our wonderful #AskAwayFriday hosts…
Tamara from Tamara Like Camera,
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
and
Echo from The Mad Mommy
Grab our brand new button, follow our amazing hosts, hop through the great link ups and make some new friends!

TamaraLikeCamera
Make sure you give a warm welcome to Kevin. Don’t forget to stop by, check out his answers, and here are mine:

What was your favorite food when you were a child?

Is it sad that my favorite food then and still one of my top five now are McDonald’s french fries. To this day, if I go to McDonald’s, I have to get some fries. Thankfully, I can get the small and that’s enough, because you know, Super Size Me didn’t do me any favors.

What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?

No really a fair question since I don’t have all of my music on my music player. So, right now, it’s Be Blessed by Yolanda Adams.

What is one of your favorite quotes?

When-someone-shows-you

This quote has served me well, from heart ache and pain, in my adult years. I do believe people can change, but they have to show me that change before my heart changes. Promises just aren’t good enough any more.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?

Floors. All things floors ~ vacuuming, sweeping or mopping.

I would mop, but the kids would just get the floor dirty again. April Noelle
If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

Probably my age now. I’m old enough to drink and be taken seriously. I’m young enough to not have too many body issues and it’s one of those ages that depending how you take care of yourself, you can be seen as 25 or 45.

IMG_20140809_174143
If you knew the world was ending at the end of this year, what would you make sure you do?

This is a tricky question. Does anyone else know?

If everyone else knew, I’d stockpile food and make sure everyone that I love is close. I’d create my own bomb shelter, because we all know that most people won’t prepare until the end.

If no one else knew, I’d travel the world with my family, going to the best locations and seeing everything that I haven’t gotten to see yet.

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?

Normally watch television. I have a DVR full of shows that I haven’t been able to see lately.

What would you name the autobiography of your life?

What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?

This is a hard one. This will also be my entry to Finish the Sentence Friday.

My proudest moment was finishing law school as a single mother.

Quick backstory… I got pregnant after my second year of law school. My son’s father (now husband) was also in grad school many, many, many miles away. He couldn’t help physically until our son was about six months. Because of distance, we weren’t solidified in the relationship. Fast forward, we’ve been married for eight years and welcomed three other children into this world.

Finish-the-Sentence-Friday-New-Pin-720-FUN-250-x-250
What is something you learned in the last week?

My daughter may be “advanced”. I’m not sure though. Butterfly’s 15 month appointment was last week, even though she’s 16 months. The doctor asked how many words does she speak. My response was a couple of dozen. The doctor looked startled and responded “That’s a lot.” So far, Butterfly says these words:

• Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Bee
  • MeMe (her nickname)
  • Bunny
  • Shoe(s)
  • Chicken
  • Cheese
  • Ets-o (Let’s Go)
  • Rewe-et-o! (Ready Set Go)
  • One-oo-ree-or-i (1-2-3-4-5)
  • e-i-n-e-0 (B-I-N-G-O, her favorite song)
  • i-wuv-u (I love you)
  • tak-u (Thank You)
  • pwees (Please)

These are the words that I have some sort of meaning to them, she has some sort of understanding of what these mean. I am proud to say she says “Thank you” unprompted (and correctly) often. She repeats almost everything though.

22 comments on “Get to Know Me a Little More with #AAF and #FTSF”

1. Echo says:

I love getting to know more about you. Being in a long distance relationship must have been hard! I applaud you. Sometimes, I will make a midnight run to McDonald’s for fresh hot fries!

It was…kinda. We weren’t that much in a relationship because of the distance, if you know what I mean. I used to make those midnight runs, but I had to stop!

2. Tiffany says:

Okay, I hate floors. since the Teenager was old enough to tackle them it is definitely his assigned duty…LOL

It’s SO about to become my son’s duty too!

3. Sonya says:

I love that quote from Maya Angelou. She had a lot of good quotes to live by.

She was such a motivational woman. Plenty of great quotes!

4. It was great getting to know you, thanks for sharing the AAF with me, I had fun answering the questions. Talk about a tough thing, having a baby and the long distance relationship…but glad it worked out.

It was hard, but I’m happily on the other side of it. So glad you decided to join us. 🙂

5. Allie says:

Those McDonald’s French fries are pretty tough to resist! And I’m impressed that you graduated from law school, let alone that you did it as a single mom! I don’t think I could even pass the LSAT! And I LOVE the Maya Angelo quote. So true.

The LSAT was pretty cool. I wish I would’ve studied more, but hey, it’s over and done with now. Just need to take the bar.

6. Finishing law school as a single mom is definitely something of which to be proud. The extra: that you finished law school with a new born infant. Wow!! Hard enough to get through the coursework, harder still to do it as a single mom. But just having given birth? That’s crazy tough!! Shows how much you can do once you’ve committed to doing it!!

Even though it was a proud moment, it was more of a financial decision. Having spent lots and lots of $$$$ on law school to throw it away just seemed wasteful. LOL.

7. What an achievement to finish law school as a single mom. Huge. It was lovely getting to know you a little bit more. How did I not know that you have four kids? Wow. And your daughter’s vocab is damn impressive. But what’s more impressive? The fact that you know. Love that.

I didn’t really think much about how much she spoke, except that Bee barely said five words by the time she turned two. I was worried for a while, but now she won’t stop talking. So, the fact that Butterfly has such a vast vocabulary really does blow my mind.

8. ruchira says:

finishing law school requires a lot of patience, grit and dedication.

yoo hoo to you!!

Thank you so much! Hard, but worth it!

9. Nicki says:

Love getting to know you here, April! And so impressed by your daughter’s vocab and your spot-on phonetic spelling of her words 🙂

LOL… when you listen to BINGO all day long, you learn how she says it. 🙂 Can only learn more, right?

I was too afraid to watch SuperSize Me and I don’t even eat McDonald’s! I can’t remember the last time I did.. the 90’s?
    I like the age I’m at now too.. although my next birthday may scare me out of that.
    I also have a huge DVR full of unwatched things. Cassidy makes fun of me for it!

I have to watch my shows because my husband records his basketball games and one game is two hours! It fills up quickly.

11. I have a DVR stuffed full of stuff that I need to catch up on, and hopefully I will get to it soon. When my kids were little, I seemed to be the only person in the world who could understand them. LOL! Lil man is the floor guy in our house, he has always gotten a kick out of mopping, not sure why? Maya Angelou was such a lovely lady. Have a great weekend, April!

I would love a little mopper! I can’t stand it. I to try avoid it at all coss, truly.