Dream A Little Dream Of Me #TToT #AAF #FTSF

I thought I would have a partner this week, but alas, I do not. So… I asked myself the questions. This will be a little different from my last mix-ups. Here we go!

What is #AskAwayFriday? Well…
#AskAwayFriday was created by the amazing Penny from Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fit Mom, as a way to connect with other bloggers with a great Q & A session of 10 questions and 10 answers, between two bloggers! This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know others while allowing others to get to know you and of course there is also the added bonus of making great friends along the way which is one of the best parts of this online world! Ask me if you want to swap!

2015AskAwayFridayHost

Now welcoming our wonderful #AskAwayFriday hosts…
Tamara from Tamara Like Camera,
Tiffany from Mrs. Tee Love Life Laughter,
Christy from Uplifting Families,
Stacey from This Momma’s Ramblings
and
Echo from The Mad Mommy
Grab our brand new button, follow our amazing hosts, hop through the great link ups and make some new friends!

TamaraLikeCamera

Dream A Little Dream Of Me #TToT #AAF #FTSF

1. What’s changed most about your blog since you started blogging?

When I started blogging, I read blogs that were real but I was completely afraid to be that person. I didn’t want to seem like I was a complainer. I didn’t want to seem fake, so I started with a lot of informational posts. They were cool, but it really wasn’t me.

I’m so thankful that I have found the blogging community. There are Facebook groups for almost every type of blog, including no type. I have found support and a sounding board. Both have given me the ok to be me. As I evolve to really open up, tell stories, and become a better communicator, I have found that there are people who want to read it.

2. What’s changed most about you since you started blogging?

When I started blogging, I was pretty lost. As someone who graduated law school, but did not pass the bar, you are stuck in a precarious spot. Law firms aren’t that interested in hiring graduates who haven’t passed. If they hire you as a paralegal, they want a paralegal – not a lawyer. Yet, they don’t want to hire you as a paralegal, because they know that there’s a strong likelihood that you want to take the bar and actually practice. They know, and you know, that you did not spend possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars on a degree to make only 50% of the pay.

I am thankful that I kept going. Changing with each blog post, evolving and learning on what I want to be and what I don’t. I’m still not sure whether I will practice law in a traditional sense, but I have started to find a direction with my life. I’m not sure I would’ve gotten this far if I was just working a day job.

3. What are you looking forward to most this year?

There are a lot of things in the works ~ personally and professionally. I am thankful that I get to look forward to travels, possible family moves, a growing business and stepping into a role as a work at home mom, instead of a stay at home mom. I’m also very worried that I won’t be able to keep up, but I won’t know unless I try.

4. Have you accomplished any big goals recently?

No… and yes. I started Crossfit last week and have been going consistently. I am thankful to Groupon (and to the gym) for offering such a deal that I couldn’t turn it down and it’s close enough that I can go and they have a place for my children to go while I work out.

I’m also thankful that the transition from 100lbCountdown.com to aprilnoelle.com has gone fairly smoothly and except for working to get my subscribership up, my viewership is very strong.

5. What chore do you like least?

I am very thankful that my husband sweeps and mops the floors because I hate doing them. I hate picking things up too, but at least I feel some sense of completion.

6. What was the last movie you saw in theaters? How was it?

I am thankful that I had the opportunity to receive free tickets to see the new “Annie” prior to its release with my daughter, Bee. Annie was the first (and only) movie she has seen in the theater and she thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish it had more singing though. We have spent more time watching the original at home. Thank you Netflix!

7. It’s a beautiful day and you have finished all of your work. What do you do?

I am thankful that here in Florida, there are very few bad days. I am also thankful that we live in a relatively safe neighborhood, so I open the garage door, pull out our chair and let the kids run wild. Not only do they have tones of fun, they exhaust themselves for the evening.

8. What’s your dream date night?

I am thankful for the date nights that my husband plans from top to bottom… ones where all I have to do is get ready to go. I like to go to dinner and dancing, but not really clubs. I just like to have a place to talk to my husband. A walk along the beach has been a favorite.

9. When’s the last time you received something besides junk mail or bills in the mail? What was it?

I am thankful that I have made a lot of great connections in my new city. I love being able to go to some awesome events. The downside (but also upside) is that I get invited to a lot of things. Sometimes things way outside of my budget. The most recent was an invitation to the Inlet Grove Foundation Awards with guest speaker Iyanla Vanzant. As much as I would love to go and think this would be worthwhile cause, I don’t think it’s in my budget this year.

10. What’s your dream car?

I used to really want a Jaguar. Then I was blessed to have several friends who had acquired my precious Jaguar. I am very thankful that they showed me the err of my judgment and the extremely high cost of maintenance. Thus, my new dream car is an A8 Audi with Brilliant Black exterior, Velvet Beige Valcona leather interior, with Dark Brown Walnut wood inlay.

Ten Things of Thankful

Finish the Sentence Friday

43 comments on “Dream A Little Dream Of Me #TToT #AAF #FTSF”

1. Echo says:

There were a few of us on our own this week! We all still went for it! Great minds think alike! I am super proud of you when I see your crossfit posts!

LOL. Of course. I was excited to do it this week. I’ve been doing well with Crossfit. I hope to get the post going this week. 🙂 Thank you.

2. Kristi says:

Clever way to combine the lists! I’m not really into cars much, but I agree that Jaguars are eye-catching.

Yes they are… They used to have a more unique look, but cars are looking more similar these days.

3. Scott says:

I was going to add the same about the Jaguar. They are beautiful cars, and ride great, but the maintenance – sheesh! Plus just finding someone who is knowledgeable enough to work on them is next to impossible!

Oh yes. I didn’t even know finding a mechanic was hard too. Good thing I don’t want one anymore. 🙂

4. This is such a great way to network and to get to know more about other bloggers. I’ll have to come back again next time.

5. Stefany says:

What a fun post! Thanks for sharing so much. I hope to travel this year as well!

Where do you want to go?

6. Kimberly says:

Oh I really want to see Annie!!! I took my son to see SpongeBob (groan) over the Spring Break. Both he and I fell asleep!! It was that “entertaining”.
    I really hope that your transition to a “work-at-home-mom” goes smoothly for you! Remember to be kind to yourself and gummy bears. Don’t question the gummy bears. Just eat them. Trust me 🙂

LOL. I haven’t had a gummy bear in a long time, but have been thinking about them since someone posted that they now make a huge gummy bunny! Thanks for the advice.

7. Great job multi tasking on the blog hops.

8. ivy says:

My dream car is anything that runs. sadly that is true. Nice list … I like the question format … I know what you mean in #1 about not wanting to seem like you were complaining …. I feel I am always balancing that one…

Oh, I understand just needing a running car. Thankfully, I’m not there right now… but still no where near my dream car. I have a 10 year old car and I will be driving it until it dies.

9. Awesome ways to combine the prompts. I like the questions you asked yourself and know what you mean about the awesome community of supportive bloggers. When I started, I had no idea about blogging or any of it. Thanks much for linking up!

I’m so excited to have met you and many of the other ladies here. I don’t ever know if I’ll be a millionaire from my blog, but I know I’m inspired and grateful to have met every one.

10. Planning to head to your beautiful state hopefully soon for a visit to see Winter (the Dolphin)! Getting excited about this as my daughter has developed a love of dolphins since seeing Dolphin Tale. 🙂

That’s wonderful. Dolphin Tale is a great movie. I hope you have fun.

11. very special inspiring post thank you so much for sharing with us. I run a blog and I am just me when I write about the things I write about it’s considered a lifestyle blog but there are many of us type of bloggers out there. I am glad to met you.

Nice to meet you too. I have a variety of niches, but I love doing it.

12. Heather says:

Love this idea. I am so curious about crossfit – seems like everyone does it now.

I’ll be doing a post in the next day or so, but in general, I feel like it’s a mix between a personal trainer and a gym. It’s easy to go to class, but if no one’s really watching you, are you pushing yourself to your limit. Every day, I do something that I’ve never done before and that’s pretty cool.

13. Considerer says:

HA! Very cool way of combining these three. I like reading questions answered because it gives a bit more insight into the person behind the blog. Hope you figure out a way forward soon – it certainly sounds like you have the dedication to make a go of things, professionally.

It’ll probably be a while before I actually fall into a groove, but I’m excited to move forward and figure it out.

14. Amber NElson says:

A dream date night? What is a date night? HA! I’m just kidding. We just haven’t had one for so long.

Oh, I understand. It’s been a while for us too, but a girl can dream though, right?

15. mburbage says:

Clever the way you combined it all! 🙂 Date night? ahhh maybe in my dreams, lol

Never stop dreaming… it’s the only way they come true. 🙂

I teamed up with myself too!
    Here in MA, there are very few GOOD days lately. I really ache to be outside and feel the sun again. Maybe in April.
    I love that your husband plans date nights!

That’s a dream date night… I’m still dreaming. LOL.

17. Jill says:

I LOVE Ask Away Friday! I did it with another blogger in the fall and it was super fun. Crossfit, I don’t like. Love the results hate the doing. Good luck and stick with it!

Isn’t that with most exercising? The doing is the hard part. 🙂

18. Those are some great answers to questions! Makes me stop and think about what I would say!

Feel free to answer any of them.

19. Chrissy Mazzocchi says:

I would really love to join in a post like this! I need to make my blog more personal too!

I find it more interesting than a purely business blog, but that’s just me.

20. Well this is all kinds of fun! I enjoyed reading your answers! How does one get involved in this?! 🙂

This post is inspired by three different blog hops: Ask Away Friday, Ten Things of Thankful and Finish the Sentence Friday. I’ll send you the links to the groups via email. 🙂

21. Those are great questions! I still have trouble opening up completely on my blog, but I think that I am getting better. Mostly it stems from a not so stellar childhood, but I am working things out slowly but surely. The community of bloggers is wonderful and I have to say that I am so thankful for it. I would love for my honey to plan a date night…but it is not really his thing. Oh Netflix is wonderful, there are so many shows that I can watch late at night after the family is in bed. Have a great weekend, April!

22. I really wish that I knew what happened to the questions I sent. 🙁

I have personally set a few blogging goals and have been busting tail to get there. It’s hard because just when I think I’m close I get a small setback. However, I will not give up. Perseverance. 🙂

23. Karen says:

You are a very interesting person. Thank you for opening up about your self in the post. The thing I hate most about housework is cleaning the bathroom, but thankfully, my husband has done that for all of the 24 years that I have known him.

I followed you from the Climb on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.

Thank you. I think we’re all interesting in our own ways. I hate cleaning the bathroom but as my son gets older, he’s doing it more often.