This week, Butterfly went from “oh, I will move from here, to right next to here” to ALL OVER THE ENTIRE HOUSE! I’ve been busy chasing her around, especially out of the kitchen and bathroom… because what do babies want more than the cold floors of the kitchen and the bathroom? I’m very surprised at how much time and effort my two little one take. These girls are like two large dogs who are ready to go outside and play all of the time! Whereas, my son was like an indoor cat, only even stretching occasionally. Who said boys were harder?
Anyway, on to #AskAwayFriday…
This week, I pair up with the hilarious Echo from Domain of the Mad Mommy. She is open, candid about all things mommy and life. One of the funniest parts of her blog is “Random Thoughts” which is self-explanatory, yet the title doesn’t begin to explain the hilarity of the posts! Go check her out!
1. 100lbCountdown is such an awesome name for your blog and I love the reason that you started blogging. Do you think blogging helps you in moving towards your goal? I know it did when I started. Then, I had two beautiful baby girls, which completely threw me off track! I changed the focus to more just family friendly posts. I do think when I really need to post something health related, I try to think about what would help me in the here and now, like my Walkadoo post.
2. A rose by any other name… If you had to change your blog name, what would you choose and why? I’ve been thinking about this FOREVER! Well, not forever, but since I was pregnant with Bee and I stopped eating healthy and succumbed to all of my pregnancy cravings of all things sweet. I’ve already purchased my name, which is April Noelle, and I’ve slowly started changing my FB, Instagram, Pinterest, and Vine to that name. I’m trying to determine if I want to manage multiple blogs, since I want to start one focusing on women and their lives, in other words, one that’s more than me. I’m also considering using my name as the URL and something else as the name of the blog… like A Diamond in the Flesh, April’s Hope, April’s Logic or Halls of the Grant Family. I don’t know what I want to do or how I want to do it yet. As you see, I’m the queen of indecisive.
3. You are a lawyer, but have never practiced law. Do you think you will give it a shot after your kids are grown? I don’t know yet. Since I moved, it’s been a whirlwind. I’m still trying to decide about where things are headed, my blog is doing well, and a side business is promising. Although I miss the aspect of law, and I think my skill set is really important in the industry, I don’t know if taking the bar is the right step for me. Ask me again when both girls are in school full time.
4. Let’s talk health. What is your FAVORITE healthy recipe to introduce people to? People have such a wide variety of taste buds. I don’t give people a particular recipe because some people love lasagna, others, burgers and still others chocolate. My primary suggestion would be to add vegetables to every meal… yes, I said EVERY meal. Find a vegetable you like, and eat it. But to give you a recipe, here’s a super simple one.
5. If someone was just starting their journey to get healthy, what is the most important piece of advice that you would give them? Keep it simple and take it slow. You didn’t gain the weight overnight. You won’t see the results over night. Of course, there are ways to quickly drop the weight, but there’s something to be said about earning the weight loss. Also, there’s a reason we grab fast food. Because it’s easier. Just because it’s fast and easy, it doesn’t have to be bad for you. See the recipe in #4.
6. What is your FAVORITE way to work out? With others. I’m a terrible self-motivator when it comes to working out, but have a friend that says or is willing to go for a walk, do a video, or anything active and I’m completely down!
7. Happy Wife, Happy Home. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? LOL! Watching television. I can’t say it’s a guilty pleasure anymore. I admit it, it’s a television addict! It’s even on when I work out!
8. I have days where my kids stay in pajamas all day and I try to be as lazy as possible, just because. Do you have days like that? Uhhh, I only get dressed if I have to go out! Actually I’ve started to change that for my husband’s sake. I’m sure he wasn’t happy seeing me in my pajamas in the morning to come home to the same look. Otherwise, I love doing it and I think I did it from Sunday to Tuesday this past week! It’s summertime! I try to let the kids be as lazy as possible, but since he has three book reports due on the first day of school, and he takes piano lessons (which we pay for), I can’t be that lazy as a parent. Otherwise, anything goes!
9. What is your dream vacation destination? I would love to return to Europe as an adult. I want to check out Italy and Greece, eat the food and just wander for hours on end! I wish I could show you pictures of my trip, but the were lost. 🙁
10. TEN Favorites:
Movie: Groundhog Day
Song: Let’s Chill by Guy
Restaurant: my last one was Red Lobster, but that was years ago. I love trying new ones.
Dessert: German Chocolate cake
Nail Polish Color: none… but if I have to choose one, navy blue
Hair Style: anything that keeps my hair out of my face.
Article of clothing that you own: none, I really need a new wardrobe! Wait, I have this black dress that has made an appearance at many events and I look great every time.
Animal: cheetah… but no personal ones.
Painting: interesting, can’t think of one
Beverage: water or wine