Somehow, I managed to double book myself up for two #AskAwayFridays this week! As if I had tons of extra time on my hand. I think Butterfly is teething. I hope so, otherwise she’s just gone from a super happy child to a constantly irritated one, who doesn’t sleep. This week, I’ve exchanged 10 questions with Tamara and Jodi! Scroll to the very bottom to check out my old posts! Here are our hosts:
Family & Home
- By the time this post is up, Mother’s Day will have come & gone! Tell us about your day? (I don’t care for surprises, I am too much of a planner) Do you enjoy the occasional surprise? I LOVE surprises, sadly, I rarely end up being surprised because someone always tells me a little bit of the surprise beforehand. The “surprise” birthday party at our Easter dinner wasn’t really a surprise once I saw my MIL put up the Happy Birthday sign during setup. You may make the argument that I didn’t know before she did that, but it wasn’t like “Oh, there’s the sign, let’s party!” It was more “Oh, there’s a sign, let’s finish putting everything up”. Don’t get me wrong, I completely enjoyed it. Check out that post here! Wait, this was about Mother’s Day. My husband told me that he planned to host dinner at my house, and he did. So, we went to church in the morning, then ate my favorite at dinner ~ steak and macaroni and cheese. So yummy!
- Tell me a bit about hubby! Are you similar in personality or polar opposites? Does he follow your blog? LOL! It took my husband over a year to remember the name of the blog and honestly, I couldn’t tell you if he knows it now. We don’t really follow each other online like that. We are very similar in personality where it counts, like values and parenting. We are different on socializing. I’m somewhat of a social butterfly, like going out often (well, compared to him), where he could stay home every night for weeks on end… especially if a game is on. I also don’t watch sports these days, so we don’t watch television together very often. We do watch movies together though!
- Was there anything you thought you do/or wouldn’t do that changed after actually having kids? Nope. I never thought much about what I would or wouldn’t do before I had children considering I never really considered having children. I’m not sure I thought much about parenting before I parented. Most of it works out well, sometimes, it doesn’t.
- Share a description of the perfect summer evening with the family. A perfect summer evening that we will actually do or my imaginary perfect summer evening? LOL! I would love for us to bbq outside, with the boys tossing around the ball and me and the girls riding a bike. A Speaker playing music in the background and us just enjoying each other’s company!
- Who is on your daily or weekly blog roll? Another hard one! With a 2 year old toddler and an almost six month old, I’m not getting to nearly as many blogs as I want to, and I really do, but I also want to sleep. Lanaya of Raising Reagan, Janine of Confessions of a Mommyaholic, Angel of Sew Crafty Angel, Brittnei of Homemaking with Style, Courtney of The Brown Girl with Long Hair, Tamara of Tamara like Camera, Tamara of Pastries, Pumps and Pi, Tenns of New Mama Diaries, just to name a few. This list would be ridiculously long for the ones that I hope to be able to accomplish one day!
- Congrats on your Voice Boks nomination (I voted for you!) What are some of your other blogging related goals or aspirations? I would love to be someone that people trust for advice. I also would love to grow my readership and learn how to be more open. I would also love for this to be a springboard to making some extra income for my family. I really enjoy doing it, and wouldn’t want to have to manage my family, the blog, and a part time job.
- What is your favorite/least favorite social media platform and why? I like Pinterest because it’s the most passive and I’m still trying to figure out how to “connect” with people on the other mediums. I ask questions and get answers, but I can’t seem to get a conversation going with Facebook and Twitter. It’s really hard because in person, I can talk to someone for hours, but online, I can’t get past a few sentences.
Just for fun
- You have your choice of a “superhero” (i.e… ability to fly, x-ray vision, strength, speed, cloning) power for 24 hours! What can you do? I would love to have an eidetic memory (remember things in great detail), and can read 20,000 words per minute. I would like to read all the books (personal and professional) that I haven’t gotten to in years, and hopefully my regular memory will kick in remember enough to have it still be useful after the 24 hour period is over.
- I know you wouldn’t want to change any part of the past, but if you could go back and meet a person in history or witness an event (either from family or of historical importance) Where would you travel to/what time period? I’ve never thought about going back in time. Until recently, I pretty much hated all parts of history, except to see the economy, how it worked and how it could help in the future (I was an economics major). I love the modernity of now. I love that we have computers, pee indoors and have running water. I also like the idea that as a black woman, I won’t be lynched on the street or thought of lesser than. That said, I would love to find out more about my ancestry, where I came from, what path my family took to get here. No one seems to either know or care to share.
- Congrats! you were just selected for SURVIVOR! How many days do you make it on the Island? Oh… I have two parts of me. I have the highly competitive side which will get me to the final four. But then I have the more realistic side of me who hates to be dirty, would never want to purposefully subject myself to that type of discomfort and torture, which would figure out how to be the first person to lose before any competition takes place. I don’t know which would win once I got there.
On Part two of #AskAwayFriday, I exchange questions with Tamara from Tamara like Camera. She’s known as the Queen of Commenters and her site is riddled with beautiful photographs that she took. Her writing is beautiful and personal, as she talks about raising her two children and has included the 20 part series of How She Met Her Husband (it’s good, you should read it)!
1. I ask this a lot but I really like it for you: What profession would you most like to try for a day? And what profession would you most hate to try? Here’s where my pragmatism gets in the way of these theoretical questions. Do I get to learn the craft before I do it? Or do I show up bumbling and fumbling? I would love to be a singer ~ just for a day. I love the idea that I could be strong and powerful and get in front of tons of people. Granted, this would only be if I had 3-6 months of training, so that I could blow everyone’s socks off. I would hate to try to be a miner. It’s dirty, dark and full of soot. Yuck!