It’s Friday again, or for me, Thursday, since I post this early and I have opened myself to being asked anything under the sun and I answer with honesty!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with #AskAwayFriday it’s an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! We now have four permanent hosts ~ Penny at The Real Housewife of Caroline County, Tiffany at Mrs. Tee – Love, Life, and Laughter, Amber at Bold Fab Mom and Stacey at This Momma’s Ramblings. 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
This is my Week 10 of #AskAwayFriday where I spill my guts to all of you!
Check them all out!
This week, I switch questions with Raw Food eater, Effie Girl, self-proclaimed fabulous 50-something, picture taking addict, creative DIY’er, jewelry hoarder, beauty junkie who loves her pups and her peeps. From what I’ve read, checked out and semi-stalked, I’ll have to agree! She is my tv junkie soulmate and look forward to finding more about her this week as we exchange questions for #AskAwayFriday!
You are totally my TV Junkie BFF! I have watched them season after season, all of them. While stalking your blog, I “TVFishBowl”, remember DC? Yeah, they lasted long, haha. So I’m starting out on this subject.
1. Atlanta HW, Mama Joyce gets on my nerves tremendously! I know our mom ‘is our mom’, but c’mon Kandi, grow a back-bone! I’d have to respectfully, let my mother know she’s over stepped her boundaries. Your thoughts? Coming from someone who stopped talking to her mother because she didn’t respect her boundaries, I am certainly NOT #TeamKandi or #TeamJoyce on this issue. I don’t understand what she feels she’s losing by stepping up. So, her mother gets her way. Then, Kandi is on the hunt again, hoping to find a man. She wants more children, when is all of this supposed to happen? Todd seems like a good guy and if you have to set him up to try to get him to fall, then he can’t be that bad.
2. Is Atlanta your favorite, and only one you watch? Share your guilty TV pleasures.
It’s the one I pay the most attention to considering I write a recap
every week for it. NYC is getting good, I’m tired of NJ and Miami. I will finally openly admit that I watch almost every show on Bravo and most evening shows on ABC, CBS and NBC! I DVR it, and the weekends are my friend! LOL!
3. Springing ahead, what will be your first pleasure to celebrate the coming (eventually) warm weather? Since I now live in Florida, it’s not that cold. This week’s been the coldest in a while, touching on cool weather as low as 50 degrees. I know, it’s not cold at all. I’m just looking for days that I can enjoy outside, setting a schedule with my girls, teaching my daughter to ride her bike and getting some real exercise. Right now, their nap time is my blog time.
4. In weight loss, what has been your biggest hurdle to commit to? Eating properly, especially staying at home. The more I try to change my eating style, the more chocolate and candy looks good. Which when I’m not making an effort, I hardly eat. I’m about to start the 21 Day Fix though, so I’ll let you know how that goes.
5. In reading your AAF with Bev, I see you do P90X and Insanity, have you gone ‘all the way’ with them, and if so, how committed were you? Super committed. I actually did the whole P90X program to the end and the first 30 days of Insanity (Insanity is a 60-Day program). I took off 40 pounds in 4 months without really purposefully changing my eating. When you are committed to working out, certain foods just don’t sit well with you, so I had kinda stopped eating them.
6. What is your most memorable family event with your husband and children in the past few years? We have so few… until we moved to Florida, family time was only on weekends and weekends consisted of watching television because with a long commute, my husband felt like he was working 12 hour days. I would have to say Thanksgiving right before Miss Bee was born. For some reason when I was 36 weeks pregnant, I decided to host my first ever Thanksgiving. Maybe it was me nesting or something. But the entire family came over and we had a blast.
Yes, I know you said hubby and children, but we haven’t done much together except play outside or watch television. We are working on changing that though. We just drove up the coast to Cape Canaveral, which is unlike us. 😉
7. Eating healthy is something we have in common, what is your favorite “fall off the wagon” go-to food? I try, I really do. I need to revamp my kitchen. One of the hardest thing about moving across country is that you have to rebuild your entire stock of foods, spices and herbs. We haven’t yet gotten to the place where I can buy “me only” foods. But to answer your question, apple pie is something that I always have to have if it’s presented!
8. Do you have a bad habit? If so, share! We’re all friends here 😉 I crack my knuckles with the worst of them. My older brother used to do it when I was younger, so I know how to crack almost every joint in my body, from neck to toes. It’s awful because now, often things will hurt if I don’t crack it.
9. How creative are you? Share a recent DIY project, in pictures please. I like to do things myself mainly because I rarely see things that are to my liking. But I don’t always have time. This project was super simple, and I was going to show it when the room was complete, but I made my son’s curtains. Yes, those are lime/neon green walls. Finding a curtain to match his neon green and navy blue room. I found this fabric and made some quick blackout curtains.
10. Using the letters, C F W, what word starting with each letter, would describe you?
Caring, fair and weird.