For those of you who aren’t familiar with #AskAwayFriday it’s an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better!
We now have four permanent hosts ~ Penny at The Real Housewife of Caroline County, Tiffany at Mrs. Tee – Love, Life, and Laughter, Amber at Bold Fab Mom and Stacey at This Momma’s Ramblings. 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
2. If someone wants to lose weight, what advice would you give them? There are two pieces of advice I would give them. First, look for small victories. Be proud you made a change like giving up soda or going for a daily walk. Second, once you achieve that small victory, start a new one, and over and over again!
3. When you are in a hurry to make dinner, what is your go to meal? Spaghetti. Ground meat (any kind), marinara, seasoning and pasta. Quick, and I can even toss in garlic bread for under 20 minutes.
4. What song gets you motivated to work out? Nothing really like that gets me to work out. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy songs and dancing, but I typically work out to talk radio or the television because they stop me from thinking about what I’m doing. No matter how hard I try, a song is a reminder that I’m sweating and working hard.
5. What are the ages of your children? What is your favorite stage and least favorite? Mr D is 9, Miss B is 2 and 4G is a three month old baby girl. Each child has been so different. Mr D, I loved when he was a toddler, he was so open to learning new things and so inquisitive. Miss B? I guess now is the best time. She is the calmest she’s ever been and you can tell that she’s really soaking it all up. 4G is so adorable when she’s just sitting and laughing. She loves life even at just a few months old. I don’t like any stage that means that they unreasonably defy you, just to push your buttons. It’s happened many times with Miss B, and in the last couple of years with Mr D.
6. As a mom, what are three baby products that you couldn’t live with other aside from clothes, diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, and burp cloths? None. We were broke when we had my son, and quite frankly, toss in a car seat (safety) and a stroller and that was pretty much ALL we had. We had a swing too that Mr D liked, but Miss B hated. Overall, I think our reliance on “stuff” is too much. Now, there are things that I LIKE, but there’s nothing I couldn’t live without, like my Maya Wrap.
7. You just won a $500 dollar shopping spree, you can only spend it on yourself, what would you spend the money on? This is the question that held up posting earlier. I have a hard time spending money, I have a harder time spending it on myself. I guess ima do a spa day hair back massage manicure pedicure. But that’s probably not even close to $500. Go out for a nice meal? As this answer goes on and on, it’s getting less and less exciting.
8. What is the best parenting advice that you have ever received? I can’t recall receiving any specific parenting advice. When you first have your children, people bombard you with that advice, and I just kinda tuned it all out. As an elder sister by 11 years, I learned a lot of what I want to do and didn’t want to do raising my children. My best parenting advice to someone else would be do what works for you.
9. What is one of your favorite things that your kids have done for you? My son making me breakfast in bed by himself. Couple years ago, I was pregnant, extremely tired and felt awful, my son made me breakfast in bed. He made pancakes and eggs all by himself. It was perfect. My daughter, well, one of the favorite things she has done for me is have a non-fit throwing day. She is normally very emotionally draining with her stubbornness, and if we have a relaxing day, it’s SOOOOO nice.
10. Did you have any weird cravings during your pregnancies? I wouldn’t call them weird. With my son’s I ate really well, mostly veggies and proteins, occasionally a fruit. For my girls, I had a sweet tooth, the sweeter the better. I’m still struggling to kick that sweet tooth, and 4G is three and a half months.
Don’t forget to visit Christy from Uplifting Families to see the questions that I asked her. I hope that you have enjoyed my answers and learned some new things about me.
Once you’ve check out my answers be sure to go by Penny at The Real Housewife of Caroline County to check out the LinkUp and all the awesome Bloggers who are also telling a bit about themselves today 10 questions at a time.
If you are interested in joining for the the next #AskAwayFriday, feel free to contact Penny or any of the other Bloggers already involved. I promise, you will get to meet and know some awesome Bloggers each week!