This is my first week with the wonderful Ask Away Friday, yet it’s their 15th week!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with #AskAwayFriday it’s an amazing way to meet new bloggers, make friends and ask some questions to get to know them better! 10 questions are exchanged and answered on your partners blog, you can get as creative as you want and even get into our purses!
Two lovely ladies created #AskAwayFriday…the wonderful Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom!!
This week I’m switching with one of the creators ~ Amber from The Bold Fab Mom! How lucky am I?
When you’re in the market for a health and fitness coach or personal trainer, she’s your gal!
Now, we’ll get to the questions Amber asked me.
1. How long have you been blogging? Looking back at my posts, I’ve been blogging for four years. However, I really think I found my voice about a year or so ago, so I will be having a blogiversary soon!
2. Do you enjoy blogging, or do you blog just so you’ll have something to do? Both! I love doling out advice ~ who doesn’t? I’m a stay at home mom who just moved to a brand new state, with no local friends. So, talking to you makes me feel like I’m talking to someone, ya know? I’m also learning that there’s so much more that I can gain from others.
3. You’re a lawyer, but have never practiced. Do you plan on practicing in the future? This is a hard one. Living in a new state, I have to take the Bar again. It all depends on what the family needs and where I am when that happens. I do a few things on the side, so if they are doing well, going back to law will probably not be on the top of my priority list.
4. You’re on a weight loss journey! That’s awesome! What is your favorite healthy meal? Funny enough a salad. I like an antipasto chopped salad ~ pepperoni, salami, olives, lettuce, tomatoes, celery.
5. Do you ever have splurge days? If so, what it the 1 food that you have to splurge on? Lately more than I’m supposed to. I typically splurge on breads and sweets. I do not discriminate on good food!
6. What is your favorite movie of all time? You know, that one that you could watch over and over and over and still never get bored. This is a hard one. I rarely watch a movie more than once. I’ll have to say Beauty and the Beast! I love the soundtrack and relate to Belle so much! (How embarrassing to admit this!)
7. What is your best piece of parenting advice? That is one piece of advice that I rarely have. I think you should breastfeed. I think you should raise your children to be nice and polite. But honestly, HOW to make that happen still eludes me. I spend a lot of days stressed and annoyed by my daughter (especially). I NEED the advice here! She’s all things I’m not.
8. You and your hubby have been together for a while now. What is one thing the two of you do or say to one another to keep your relationship strong? There’s not one thing… especially one thing that we say. I will offer that I don’t say a lot of things that come to my mind. There are a lot of things that bother me about him, but for the most part I let it go, unless (1) he’s likely to change or (2) he’ll favorably respond. If he continues to throw his underwear on the floor right NEXT to the dirty clothes, after I’ve asked him to NOT do it a couple of times, I leave it alone. Picking it up is easier than being angry. I don’t nag. It just makes the whole house pissed.
9. What is your worst habit? Cracking my knuckles. I was a major tomboy growing up and I can crack almost everything. It’s a horrible habit, yet not doing it now painful.
10. What is 1 random thing that not a lot of other people know about you? I have no problem not going outside for days! Don’t get me wrong, I like to open the windows and let the fresh air in, but I’m an indoorsy girl.